Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio 5.0 Supports BlueZ 5, Native Log Target For Systemd

Hybrid View

Default PulseAudio 5.0 Supports BlueZ 5, Native Log Target For Systemd

Phoronix: PulseAudio 5.0 Supports BlueZ 5, Native Log Target For Systemd

The latest version of the widely-used PulseAudio sound server is now available. With PulseAudio 5.0 comes new end-user features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYxOTg

I really don't have a need for PulseAudio. All I have is JACK and an ALSA Loopback interface for ALSA-applications that connects through JACK and through my sound card.

The problem with PulseAudio is it takes up CPU resources that it does not need.

And I have a need for PulseAudio. Different people have different needs, who knew!

Yeah, that's true. I wonder who use Bluetooth devices with their computers? Desktop computers?

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I wonder who use Bluetooth devices with their computers? Desktop computers?
    I do.. I have bluetooth headphones with a microphone. I sometimes also stream audio via. bluetooth from my Nexus 7 to my desktop computer. Again.. it mainly is just "pair, enable and play" with Pulseaudio.

Default Bluetooth Speakers

I use bluetooth between my laptop, my smartphone, and my speakers so that I can move between my table and bed in my studio apartment. I don't currently have a desktop. If I had an HTPC, I could see a use for it with that as well given my current speakers setup.

I have HTPC. Redirecting music from my phone would be nice, and I think all the features are available now so I plan on trying it out soon.

too late to edit:

So would the opposite: playing a movie on the htpc and having the sound directed to headphones connected to my phone.

I'm a happy user too and I don't use bluetooth devices. I use it to easily switch streams from PC speakers/Headphones to my AV receiver (HDMI).
    This way I can play games on the headphones and someone else watches movies on the TV.

Many people use bluetooth devices with their desktop computers.

You just have a "i am not using it, so it is useless to everybody" syndrome...

Grow up...