Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eVGA GeForce GTX 750 "Maxwell" On Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: eVGA GeForce GTX 750 "Maxwell" On Ubuntu Linux

After last week delivering the first NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell" Linux review, today at Phoronix we're looking at the GeForce GTX 750 (non-Ti) under Ubuntu Linux using an eVGA GTX 750 1GB model.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

First thanks for your test michael

Excelent GTX650 Vs GTX 750 Non Ti, Maxwell is huge upgrade from kepler on same level card as GTX650

Another thanks for test with resolutions above 1080p (since 800x600 until 1080p upper resolutions) this is very appreciated, as commented many users work on resolution minor 1080p

Only lack one test for probe with various resolutions and AMD and NVIDIA cards with opensource and privative drivers: Wine

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      Excelent GTX650 Vs GTX 750 Non Ti, Maxwell is huge upgrade from kepler on same level card as GTX650
      The GTX650 was a (very) hot-clocked version of the low-end GT640. I'm surprised Nvidia was able to squeeze as much performance out of it as they did.
      The GTX750 is a slightly cut down 750Ti. I really don't the two cards are comparable. I'm not trying to say that Maxwell hasn't greatly improved performance/watt and performance/$, but I think the 650Ti and 750Ti are better comparison points.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        The GTX650 was a (very) hot-clocked version of the low-end GT640. I'm surprised Nvidia was able to squeeze as much performance out of it as they did.
        The GTX750 is a slightly cut down 750Ti. I really don't the two cards are comparable. I'm not trying to say that Maxwell hasn't greatly improved performance/watt and performance/$, but I think the 650Ti and 750Ti are better comparison points.
        Comparation is valid because, stay on same price level (tech specs is another issue) but as replace GTX 750 is much better than GTX 650, and 650Ti and 750 Ti is another price level but both comparation is valid

Comment

Yesterday I bought a similar card from EVGA, but in versions Ti (02G-P4-3751-KR). The card is really extremely noisy and therefore not recommended. However, the chip GM107 definitely recommend performance-it's a great card.

Comment

These little cards are much faster than previous generations in Blender Cycles rendering. One 750ti has roughly the same performance as a 570, which is much more power hungry and expensive. Just imagine what you can do with 3 or 4 of these.

Comment

I wouldn't say performance per watt blows by amd as the 260x wasn't far behind the 750 and the 260x is generally faster. Also now that the open source radeon drivers are in pretty nice shape the amd option is still pretty compelling at the low tdp point.

I wonder how performance per watt will be for the r7 265 which destroys the 750 ti on windows and comes in much cheaper. Sould be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                Comparation is valid because, stay on same price level (tech specs is another issue) but as replace GTX 750 is much better than GTX 650, and 650Ti and 750 Ti is another price level but both comparation is valid

Well, that depends if the gtx 650 ti is actually selling for $150.. Just one price point: Tiger D***** has PNY GTX 750 and PNY GTX 650 TI (both 1GB) for the same price - $129.99 - at the moment.. Based on Anandtech's benchmarks, the GTX 750 and GTI 650 TI are neck-and-neck, although the 750 usually wins (but usually by less than 10% and many times less than 5%). No question the 750 wins on power. I guess what I'm saying is: they're nearly comparable in performance, and selling for the same price. Sure, one's a little better, but it's not a huge improvement. I'm guessing the 750 ti and 650 ti boost are similarly comparable.

PS. I know it's not fair to compare the gtx 650 ti I got on black friday for $119.99 with $25 off $100 from TD, $30 back from Amex at TD and a $10 mail-in rebate + $75 in-game credit. If I'd redeemed the credit in time and sold it (I don't really game much), I could have almost had the card for free. I'll take a $70 GTX 650 TI over a $129 GTX 750 any day

Comment

Originally posted by vw_fan17 View Post
                  Well, that depends if the gtx 650 ti is actually selling for $150.. Just one price point: Tiger D***** has PNY GTX 750 and PNY GTX 650 TI (both 1GB) for the same price - $129.99 - at the moment.. Based on Anandtech's benchmarks, the GTX 750 and GTI 650 TI are neck-and-neck, although the 750 usually wins (but usually by less than 10% and many times less than 5%). No question the 750 wins on power. I guess what I'm saying is: they're nearly comparable in performance, and selling for the same price. Sure, one's a little better, but it's not a huge improvement. I'm guessing the 750 ti and 650 ti boost are similarly comparable.

PS. I know it's not fair to compare the gtx 650 ti I got on black friday for $119.99 with $25 off $100 from TD, $30 back from Amex at TD and a $10 mail-in rebate + $75 in-game credit. If I'd redeemed the credit in time and sold it (I don't really game much), I could have almost had the card for free. I'll take a $70 GTX 650 TI over a $129 GTX 750 any day
                  On this price with you suggest GTX650Ti have highly demand but now price high 130us (no rebate) is much expensive and power hungry, but GTX 750 consume very low but launch price is very high (Nvidia error but could justified with higher GTX650 stock) and when you said and this time is more closer price GTX650Ti

Nvidia must launch GTX750 (Non Ti) around 100us as much, but only wait GTX650 stock goes lower in next months for better offers

Comment

Working...
                  X