No announcement yet.

Debian TC Won't Pass Resolution Over Init System Coupling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He contributed nothing to this thread but telling somebody to die. If that's not trolling, I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
      I don't see him trolling KDE or Systemd threads... so no no he hasn't. He hasn't even trolled this thread.
      He's known anti-qt troll, but on the other side he's sane enough to support systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
        He's known anti-qt troll, but on the other side he's sane enough to support systemd.
        was referring to DanL not honton

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          It is not so much that he supports systemD, he just hates anything done by Canonical (which he hates because they have a DE that competes with Gnome). Since the only viable alternative to Upstart was systemD, he supports systemD by default.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
            It is not so much that he supports systemD, he just hates anything done by Canonical (which he hates because they have a DE that competes with Gnome). Since the only viable alternative to Upstart was systemD, he supports systemD by default.
            The CLA, don't forget the CLA!

Anyway, this is a meta-discussion that should not be happening. This is about the TC announcing NOOP as their decision. Pretty funny, that, since in the end it's like saying "I hereby declare absolutely nothing!"
            On the constitution changes, Jackson wonders if a 1:1 override should apply for every decision, while Barth doesn't agree. I think I agree with Barth here ? if a GR can decide with a simple majority otherwise than the TC does, then what's the point of having a TC to begin with... Doing that would also be taken as a sign that the TC is doubting its own ability to decide things correctly (which I'm not even sure about, actually, considering both votes needed a tiebreaker).

Comment

Working...
            X