Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's GTK+ Gains Google CloudPrint Support

Phoronix: GNOME's GTK+ Gains Google CloudPrint Support

A new feature that's landed for GNOME 3.12 is GTK+ now supporting Google's CloudPrint service...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's a very nice feature.

Comment

Heh, it's nice until you see some extremist propaganda rolling out =) .

Comment

But... what does that have to do with GTK+...?
        Wouldn't that be a Gnome-Online-Accounts specific thing? Or something to tell cups "hey, there's a 'printer' here". I don't see why it changed the toolkit :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
          Heh, it's nice until you see some extremist propaganda rolling out =) .
          Wait.... WHAT? What do you..... how did you even come up with........

..... I'm not even going to try to figure out this post/response........

PEACE! I'm noping right out of this thread..... NOPE.... NOPE....... NOPE(http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6td1lQoKv1qcwic6.gif)

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            But... what does that have to do with GTK+...?
            Wouldn't that be a Gnome-Online-Accounts specific thing? Or something to tell cups "hey, there's a 'printer' here". I don't see why it changed the toolkit :/
            I think it involves changes in some widgets... not sure.

Most of new features of GTK looks to be planned for GNOME future and not for a general use toolkit.

Comment

You can always print-to-file and then upload your file to Google Drive. So what's special about this feature?

Comment

Why Gnome specific?

I don't see a reason to use a Gnome-Specific printing system when I can just use CUPS system-wide ones:

Cups Cloudprint Client: http://www.niftiestsoftware.com/cups-cloud-print/
                Cups Cloudprint Server: http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/cloudprint

I prefer IPP, but the Cloudprint ones work with Android much more easily, so that's what I'm doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                  You can always print-to-file and then upload your file to Google Drive. So what's special about this feature?
                  This isn't printing to Google Drive, but using Google Cloud print to print to a printer without the need of installing drivers.

Comment

Ah, it's not enough that the NSA gets our phonecalls - they now want to see the pages we print as well

Comment

Working...
                    X