Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Derivatives Do Their 14.04 LTS Beta Releases

Phoronix: Ubuntu Derivatives Do Their 14.04 LTS Beta Releases

The Ubuntu flavors that participate in doing development builds are today releasing their first beta of the 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How do I install this on mdam raid 1 on / ???

Why on hell has canonical stopped releasing Alternate cd????

Fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

Fuck.
      i don't know. I miss the alternate cd, but you can try(?) with the minimal iso or the server version i think

Comment

Fuck.
        A post on ubuntu forums notes that Lubuntu still has an Alternate cd that might work for some uses:
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2204305

Comment

xubuntu is unusable.. there are problems with the package manager, after you install you are proposed to "autoremove" packages not needed(i386 stuff) and then you go to install something you get a message that says " these packages are needed but are not going to be installed" and you are "wtf?"

Comment

If you want the alternate ISO installer (i.e. debian-installer) just use the Ubuntu Server ISO.

There's really no difference other than the default package selection. Install the server base and then just `apt-get install ubuntu-desktop` (or preseed it from the start). You can also select Manual Package Selection and choose ubuntu-desktop in the installer. Of course either option will involve more downloading from the archives, but it allows you to stick with a d-i based installer (same with mini.iso or netboot tarball).

There used to be some slight differences between the kernel .config and the desktop kernel .config, but they've been identical since 12.04.

Comment

Fuck.
              Hold down Shift?
              Strange things are afoot at the Circle with 3 people

Comment

Working...
              X