Gentoo and PTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uncle_fungus View Post
    Pretty much all of the tests require that you install them locally through PTS rather than relying on system-wide installed versions.
    I see what you mean. The benchmarks are supposed to be testing hardware.

I have more problems. I went through and installed just about all the test suites.

A quick note when installing the gaming suite is that after you download and install the quake4 binary it can't find the test file on the server.

Code:
    ====================================
    Installing Benchmark: quake4

--2008-05-11 21:13:32--  http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/benchmark-files/quake4-demo-1.tar.bz2
    Resolving www.phoronix-test-suite.com... 70.85.96.187
    Connecting to www.phoronix-test-suite.com|70.85.96.187|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2008-05-11 21:13:33 ERROR 404: Not Found.
    Then it gives some instructions for repairing it in case it was damaged.
    I checked the URL directory and indeed that file was not there. I could not find any other reference to this on this forum so am including it.

Next, I have installed the graphics suite with no problems. When I go to run it I get, well... not much:

Code:
    % phoronix-test-suite run graphics                                             
    Would you like to save these benchmark results (Y/n)? n

Graphics Test Suite

Running Graphics Test Suite...

/usr/bin/xdg-screensaver: line 410: xset: command not found

Nexuiz (Run 1 of 3)

./nexuiz-linux-x86_64-glx: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86dga.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Nexuiz (Run 2 of 3)

./nexuiz-linux-x86_64-glx: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86dga.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Nexuiz (Run 3 of 3)

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions-run.php on line 324

Nexuiz:
    1024 x 768

Average: .00 Average FPS

/usr/bin/xdg-screensaver: line 410: xset: command not found

Doom 3 (Run 1 of 3)

Doom 3 (Run 2 of 3)

Doom 3 (Run 3 of 3)

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions-run.php on line 324

Doom 3:

Average: .00 FPS
    I installed the PTS using this ebuild, and renaming it to 0.6.0:

located at this bugzilla entry:

Comment

Regarding the Quake 4 profile, that is currently broken and known not to work. Quake 4 also depends upon the full retail copy, not the free demo of the game.

For Nexuiz it looks like you need libXxf86dga installed.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
        Hello,
        I have already posted elsewhere,
        but is there anyone running PTS on Gentoo flawlessly? I can't upload results, login.. also, the HDD space shows only one partition (9GB /) and not whole drive... Information about running programs are missing as well (using 0.5.0).

Thanks.
        I'm assuming (from looking at other people's results) that the HDD space just lists whatever partition that is mounted as / .

I've only just now tried to login and upload results, and I cannot login or upload my results either. I'm assuming if you don't login it just gives an anonymous user on the PTS global site, so should still be able to upload.

Code:
        $ phoronix-test-suite upload ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/compression/test-1.xml 

Results Failed To Upload.
        If I try to log in with the details I registered with on PTS global it just gives: "PTS Global Account Not Found."

Also, the system-info command gave bugger all info until I installed the mesa-progs package which includes glxinfo. But even with that I don't get the motherboard info etc. From reading the 0.6.0 release notes, the Motherboard field is pulled from lshal. I've checked that I have this installed. I've even run lshal with various greps looking for some mention of my board or chipset, but I don't know what to look for, only this:
        Code:
        # grep lshal pts-functions_system_parsing.php 
        		$info = shell_exec("lshal | grep \"$name\"");
        		$info = shell_exec("lshal -u $UDI | grep \"$name\"");
        But it's a lot of work working back through variables that I don't understand. I can't figure out what pulls in the screen resolution entry as well.
        Otherwise, this is my system-info output:

Code:
        $ phoronix-test-suite system-info

======================================
        Phoronix Test Suite v0.6.0 (TRONDHEIM)
        System Information
        ======================================

Hardware:
        Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (Total Cores: 2), Motherboard: Unknown, Chipset: Unknown, System Memory: 3954MB, Disk Space: 14GB, Graphics: GeForce 7600 GT/PCI/SSE2 (560/700MHz), Screen Resolution: Unknown 

Software:
        OS: Gentoo Base System release 1.12.11.1, Kernel: 2.6.24-gentoo-r7 (x86_64), X.Org Server: 1.3.0, OpenGL: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.09, Compiler: GCC 4.1.2

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          For Nexuiz it looks like you need libXxf86dga installed.
          Yeah, silly of me. I installed libXxf86dga and it works great!

Comment

Chipset:
            Code:
            lspci | grep "Host bridge"
            Motherboard - a combination of:
            Code:
            lshal | grep "system.hardware.vendor"
            lshal | grep "system.hardware.product"
            lshal | grep "system.hardware.version"
            Resolution (if not using nvidia extensions):
            Code:
            xrandr | grep '*'

Comment

Thanks uncle_fungus,

Installing xrandr solves the resolution problem.

I'm just getting the hang of grep'ing the php files to find my answers. But thanks everyone for helping anyway.

It's only the motherboard and chipset that aren't working in system-info now. But if I do the commands manually like uncle_fungus suggested, they work... mostly.

Code:
              # lspci | grep "Host bridge"
              00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation DRAM Controller (rev 02)

# lshal | grep "system.hardware.vendor"
                system.hardware.vendor = 'Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.'  (string)

# lshal | grep "system.hardware.product"
                system.hardware.product = 'P35-DS3P'  (string)

# lshal | grep "system.hardware.version"
                system.hardware.version = ''  (string)
              So that's giving "Motherboard: Unknown, Chipset: Unknown" in system-info.

I don't know enough PHP to understand why.

Comment

Same login issue

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
                Hello,
                I have already posted elsewhere,
                but is there anyone running PTS on Gentoo flawlessly? I can't upload results, login.. also, the HDD space shows only one partition (9GB /) and not whole drive... Information about running programs are missing as well (using 0.5.0).

Thanks.
                I have same login issue on version 0.6 HD space looks normal on system info though

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the chipset registering as "unknown" is because lspci doesn't actually contain the whole string (i.e. there isn't an actual chipset being given).

My lspci output gives:
                  Code:
                  00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express DRAM Controller (rev 02)
                  Which pts converts to:
                  Code:
                  Intel 82G33/G31/P35/P31

You can check what pts is getting out of lspci with the command below. You need to run this from your pts folder, say yes when it prompts (it'll clean up after itself).
                  Code:
                  php -r 'include("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_parsing.php");include_once("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php");echo read_pci("Host bridge:") . "\n";' && rm -f {graph,user}-config.xml

Comment

I tried what you suggested uncle_fungus. It gave this:

Code:
                    $ php -r 'include("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_parsing.php");include_once("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php");echo read_pci("Host bridge:") . "\n";' && rm -f {graph,user}-config.xml

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_config.php on line 8

=====================================
                    PHORONIX TEST SUITE - WELCOME MESSAGE

[I]###cut welcome message###[/I]

Do you wish to proceed (Y/n)? y

Warning: file_put_contents(user-config.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_config.php on line 71

Warning: file_put_contents(graph-config.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_config.php on line 118
                    [B]Unknown[/B]
                    So, it gave me Unknown, just like system-info.
                    On a whim (possibly dumb I know), I tried it again as root, and got this:

Code:
                    # php -r 'include("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_parsing.php");include_once("./pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php");echo read_pci("Host bridge:") . "\n";' && rm -f {graph,user}-config.xml

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_config.php on line 8

PHORONIX TEST SUITE - WELCOME MESSAGE

[I]###cut welcome message###[/I]

Do you wish to proceed (Y/n)? y

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php on line 350

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php on line 352

Warning: file_put_contents(/root/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/.processes/phoronix-test-suite.p): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php on line 354
                    [B]Intel DRAM Controller[/B]
                    So, at the end it does give something after all the error messages.
                    Which made me realise that the lspci and lshal commands you'd given me before hadn't worked as my user. Ever since I've had Gentoo installed I've just always had to run most basic system commands like that as root, although I've never really bothered to think why (coming from Ubuntu where I could, without sudo).

However:
                    Code:
                    # which lspci
                    /usr/sbin/lspci
                    Anyway, long story short. I updated my /etc/profile and added a few sbin paths, and now those commands work as a user. I now get Intel DRAM Controller for chipset, but still no luck on motherboard.
                    I love this tinkering stuff!

Comment

I'll look a little deeper into the motherboard detection. I've just tried this on my laptop an I get Unknown too, even though:

Code:
                      [uncle_fungus@Iguana phoronix-test-suite]$ lshal | grep "system.hardware.vendor"
                        system.hardware.vendor = 'FUJITSU SIEMENS'  (string)
                      [uncle_fungus@Iguana phoronix-test-suite]$ lshal | grep "system.hardware.product"
                        system.hardware.product = 'AMILO Li 1718'  (string)
                      [uncle_fungus@Iguana phoronix-test-suite]$ lshal | grep "system.hardware.version"
                        system.hardware.version = '-1'  (string)

Comment

Working...
                      X