No announcement yet.

Metro Last Light Should Now Be Running Well On Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing. Seems to be running just as well as the latest blob does, and I'm on kernel 3.13.3 so I guess I should see slight improvement with 3.14.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Calculating that from libframetime output would be a very simple awk/perl/etc script.
      Simple for a naive calculation but if a single frame is a little late that would produce rather big spikes, wouldn't it? I would be more interested in FPS smoothed for about ~0.2 or 0.3 seconds and only additionally show laggy frames in another graph. Still relatively easy to program, but still a task to be done.

E.g. I tried the voglperf output with (1/frametime)*1000 and got this as a result (glxspheres on ivy bridge + window resizing/moving):

Single frames being slightly faster than the others create huge spikes...

Comment

wow nice limited discount on the humble store

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          Simple for a naive calculation but if a single frame is a little late that would produce rather big spikes, wouldn't it? I would be more interested in FPS smoothed for about ~0.2 or 0.3 seconds and only additionally show laggy frames in another graph.
          Just curious, why? The spikes are essential info, creating stutter and badly impacting your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post
            Given that Fedora 21 is going to be a long release, fedora could be stick on Mesa 9.2 for a long time.
            openSUSE is facing the same problem. delayed release in late summer....
            at least they have tumbleweed and the goodness from the build service for advanced users.

why are there so few packages of fedora that use the build-service? Wouldn?t it be easy to bring Mesa 10 for Fedora this way?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Just curious, why? The spikes are essential info, creating stutter and badly impacting your experience.
              Yes, but I'd like to see the general performance in one graph and the lag spikes in another. That's why I thought, maybe convolution over 200-300 milliseconds or so...
              Anyway, I haven't succeeded in starting Metro Last Light with libframetime or voglperf such that it would actually do something useful... I'm really starting to have problems with accepting how steam does things, how binaries are strangely intertwined with steam and don't work as expected...

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
                Code:
                GALLIUM_HUD=fps
                1680x1050 + hd7770 at medium = 40-50 fps (it's better than catalyst)
                gamma settings doesn't work for me.
                That is a nice feature. On my hardware it never drops below 30 FPS, but it also seems to be limited to 60 FPS maximum, even when run with vblank_mode=0.

Comment

Working...
                X