Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Less Than Half The Phoronix Traffic Is From Linux Systems

Quote Originally Posted by nll_a View Post
    Hey, www.gamingonlinux.com is great.
    As the owner of GOL i approve that link , thanks for the plug

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    You must be quite efficient, then. It takes that much merely to install updates and find the drivers, not even talking about configuration.
    At my work we do a lot of Windows installations and it always drives me crazy that you have to reboot several times to install all updates and hit search manually for it to find all avalible updates, even when you did a check just one reboot ago. When working on Windows it is also increadbyly fustratingn that it will randomly require a reboot for an update and you ofthen have no way of knowing if it will steal the system to compleate the update before you get the desktop back. I have even had Windows exit out of games in order to automatically reboot for an update WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    At my work we do a lot of Windows installations and it always drives me crazy that you have to reboot several times to install all updates and hit search manually for it to find all avalible updates, even when you did a check just one reboot ago. When working on Windows it is also increadbyly fustratingn that it will randomly require a reboot for an update and you ofthen have no way of knowing if it will steal the system to compleate the update before you get the desktop back. I have even had Windows exit out of games in order to automatically reboot for an update WTF!
    you can disable auto reboot for update if really needed http://lifehacker.com/stop-windows-f...date-509712123
    It means that you are responsible for rebooting in a timely order when a security update is installed, but windows won't do it behind your back.

Quote Originally Posted by sunweb View Post
    This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?
    I have to use Windows at work most of the time.
    Its amazing how M$ has been able to force their OS on innocent and helpless people

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    Why you guys use Chrome instead of Chromium?
    Hangouts. (and other crx extensions)

Quote Originally Posted by sunweb View Post
    This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?
    I run Linux at work for software development and Windows at home, mostly for the games. But when I browse Phoronix from home, it will show up as a Windows browser.

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    As the owner of GOL i approve that link , thanks for the plug
    And thank you for your great website! I check it everyday! =)