Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Than Half The Phoronix Traffic Is From Linux Systems

Phoronix: Less Than Half The Phoronix Traffic Is From Linux Systems

With the recent news of Linux's overall web traffic doubling to about 2%, here are some Phoronix web statistics for those interested...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cure for Windows

There are many viruses for Windows.
    There is one virus for PC users, Windows again.
    - Ayan Debnath, GigaHertZ.net.in

We need to find a cure.....

Comment

40% is from Windows
      This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post
        This is insane. Why are they even here?
        Because the World is not Black and White. I like GNU/Linux, but not as a Desktop Environment.

Comment

This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?
          Because people have jobs and use other computers than their own.

Comment

"they"!?

My primary OS is Windows, and that's where I spend my time developing software, but I subscribe to Phoronix because a lot of what it covers is non-specific to Linux.

Many of the articles are about cross-platform open source projects where the benefits will be seen on Windows and Mac OS as well. There's also a lot about hardware, and while the benchmarks tend to be specific to Linux, there's often something interesting.

I do use Linux - just not for web browsing.

Comment

This is insane. Why are they even here?
              Example -
              right now, I am at office where I spent most of my life time; on a Windows PC to develop Java Apps.
              though at home I have a Mac Laptop and a SteamOS PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                Because people have jobs and use other computers than their own.
                This. I am forced to use office. We have Debian stable here - sadly without wine, without capability installing anything...
                Personally i can't understand why people cry Linux has cons as Desktop. KDE is on par with Windows. No, Doplhin is much more powerful, everything is much more customizable and .... i don't understand it.

Comment

Well, for example, there are some PCs in which you cannot change the OS even if you wanted to... (e.g. workplace)

Comment

I do most of my phoronix browsing from work, which runs on Windows. Doesn't mean I don't have linux machines at home, but just that I don't use them for browsing as they are servers (media centre and NAS)

Comment

Working...
                    X