Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server "Szechuan Hot Pot" Announced

Phoronix: X.Org Server "Szechuan Hot Pot" Announced

Keith Packard has tagged a new developmental version of the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I still prefer the Peking Duck...

Comment

wonder if F20 will get X-Server 1.15 also

Comment

Didn't know the X developers were so classy with their naming conventions.

I'd like to see Valve put on the SteamOS website : powered by Golden Gaytime X

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          wonder if F20 will get X-Server 1.15 also
          Easy to answer: No. Maybe unofficially via COPR but no way as regular update.

Comment

XWayland

I would love to see XWayland merged.

Would also like to see it possible to run X.org Server without root.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Didn't know the X developers were so classy with their naming conventions.

I'd like to see Valve put on the SteamOS website : powered by Golden Gaytime X
              I mean.... yeah... wtf. Perhaps whoever named it was not a naturually born Engligh speaker and thought they were going for Golden HappyTime ? Um, yeah... no idea there.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                I mean.... yeah... wtf. Perhaps whoever named it was not a naturually born Engligh speaker and thought they were going for Golden HappyTime ? Um, yeah... no idea there.
                Aha, as I reply to myself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gaytime

Apparently it is a brand of cookie in New Zealand. Still, given the times and current ussage of the word, I can't really see the justifications of using it for a release name of a major software project as it could be construed in a rather negative light.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                  Pretty sure Keith is a native English speaker and was just enjoying summertime in Australia at LCA with a nice local ice cream treat.

Comment

How will Wayland clients use GLAMOR if the upstream is merged into X.org? Or will Wayland clients not need Glamor?

Comment

Working...
                    X