Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia Announces Its Three Nokia X Android Devices

Phoronix: Nokia Announces Its Three Nokia X Android Devices

It shouldn't come as much of a surprise given the plentiful leaks in the mobile space, but Nokia today announced three mobile devices running Google's Android operating system rather than Windows Phone or MeeGo/Harmattan or Asha...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nokia is like 4 years late to the Android bandwagon, which in the smartphone market is like being 40 years late in the car market.

Comment

Haaa, "X", it's like they're doing it on purpose. Though this is more like Nokia Plan G than Nokia Plan X! Though they should have gone with Nokia Plan T.

For those wondering, I'm referring to a joke from the time when Nokia announced their alliance with Microsoft and a hoax "Nokia Plan B", that in turn inspired a lot of other "Nokia Plan" ideas:
      Nokia Plan S

Too bad that all of them are down save for Nokia Plan C and Nokia Plan L (some others can be accessed through the Web Archive above). Nokia Plan X was to use a plan generator (use the right arrow to see some of the generated plans).
      Of note are Nokia Plan A (ally with Microsoft), Nokia Plan E (sell an aeroplane), Nokia Plan ES (sell a lot of aeroplanes), Nokia Plan ET (sell planets), Nokia Plan F (just fail), my mentioned Nokia Plan G (ship Android phones), Nokia Plan H (ship Nokia 3310 Touch), Nokia Plan I (an actual plan proposal), Nokia Plan J (join with Microsoft again), Nokia Plan K (sell planks), Nokia Plan M (sell phones with mind blowing specs), Nokia Plan Q (OpenMokia), Nokia Plan R (Arrrr!), Nokia Plan V (vote for a plan), Nokia Plan T (sell plants), Nokia Plan W (ship WebOS phones), Nokia Plan XP (ship phones with Windows XP), and Nokia Plan 9 (sell phones to aliens; although I'd prefer the plan to be to ship phones with Plan 9 from Bell Labs).

With this Nokia X, I'm surprised nobody had revived the meme

Comment

Don't Micersoft make more money from Android than from Windows Phone?

Comment

I was expecting something great. It looks like Nokia went cheap here totally not what anyone expected. It is a rea shame because Nokia makes some really nice devices and these could have been one of them.

Comment

This is Elop's final middle finger in exchange for not being made CEO of MS.

Comment

Working...
            X