AMD Kabini HD 8210: RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Outperform Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
    I believe that Tim Writer took over the OSS driver team and that bridgman is now working on HSA and related projects. That being said, I don't work for AMD, and I've only had 1/2 a cup of coffee this morning.
    Right. My other jobs (including the ones related to IP issues like this) have new owners as well.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      I did try to disable HyperZ and it didn't help. In my case it is true. I've tried many games and the result rarely was acceptable. In Unigine benchmarks like Tropics, there are basic textures missing and flickering is everywhere on shadows.. I can record a video to show you an example.
      HyperZ, Dxtn(s3tc) or use s2tc, floating point textures must be enabled in mesa, and finally - make sure you use 32bit Z buffer in game. But it also could be defect hardware, crushed ball pins can result in such artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
        HyperZ, Dxtn(s3tc) or use s2tc, floating point textures must be enabled in mesa, and finally - make sure you use 32bit Z buffer in game. But it also could be defect hardware, crushed ball pins can result in such artifacts.
        libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 is installed. My hardware is ok on Windows so... In my my bug report someone faced similar problems with Radeon 6850 and that leeds me to believe that the problem is wider than my GPU.

Comment

libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 is installed. My hardware is ok on Windows so... In my my bug report someone faced similar problems with Radeon 6850 and that leeds me to believe that the problem is wider than my GPU.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73739
          The 32 bit version of the lib is needed... The 64 bit one was installed for me too here on opensuse 13.1 x64.

Comment

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73739
            There's a distinct lack of apitrace in that bug, FYI.

Comment

Working...
            X