Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.1 Release Candidate 2 Hits Prior To The Weekend

Phoronix: Mesa 10.1 Release Candidate 2 Hits Prior To The Weekend

The second and last planned release candidate to the major Mesa 10.1 graphics stack release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lets hope Mesa10.1 gets pushed to F20 like Gnome3.12 will

Comment

That's exactly what I'm waiting for as well. Mesa 10.1 would provide fedora 20 a much better and needed graphics stack.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
        That's exactly what I'm waiting for as well. Mesa 10.1 would provide fedora 20 a much better and needed graphics stack.
        might be why they didnt bother pushing 10.0 to F20 which is my guess would of been a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          might be why they didnt bother pushing 10.0 to F20 which is my guess would of been a waste of time
          It is more due to llvm 3.4 dependency, which breaks other packages it seems. So no mesa 10 in F20

Comment

if anyone wants 10.0.x on FC here's a COPR repo https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/fschwarz/mesa10/

Comment

Thank you Anvil, this is great news!
              From the repo description:
              Feb 2014: Mesa 10.1 (rc2) makes the GNOME shell unusable so probably 10.1 won't make it into this repo.
              It's a shame it's not mesa 10.1, but still it's better than nothing. Does anybody know what the problem of mesa 10.1 rc2 with gnome shell is?

Comment

10.1 still could make it IMO . 10.1 rc2 was a tad unstable which is why they pushed a 10.1 rc3

im also wondering if there gonna push 1.15 of x-server to F20 as 1.14.5 was never pushed to f20 which i find a bit odd

Comment

here is another link to getting 10.1rc2 from a different repo http://blog.kwizart.fr/post/2014/03/...-for-Fedora-20 actually i think its 10.2 a git release

Comment

Working...
                  X