It Should Now Be Easier To Benchmark Steam Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    What interests me is the Steam integration but after looking at their code it isn't too useful.... but will try talking to them or adding some improvements myself. From the Steam side I would really love the ability for being able to lock to a specific game revision first of all, but I don't know of any command line argument or anything to capture/use a specific revision of the Steam game... Plagman, do you know any? I'll have more details sent to Mike next week.
    Right click on a game in Steam, click properties, and then choose the <updates> tab: there is an option to say "do not automatically update this game". Will that work for you Michael?

The code in Steam to launch games without a verification dialog has been pushed out also - we just need to update voglperf to be downloaded in steam and have an appid to use it. Should be in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikesart View Post
      Right click on a game in Steam, click properties, and then choose the <updates> tab: there is an option to say "do not automatically update this game". Will that work for you Michael?
      I don't believe so, since that's basically just having the current version installed and then just future-proofed against updates for that local system. The use-cases I am thinking of is:

The ability for a person at a later time wishing to download the same revision of a game that was tested previously by themself or someone else, for maintaining comparability of the result in case there was some performance-sensitive change made in an interim game update or even a change breaking compatibility of the demo file / benchmark mode settings. Useful for people wishing to compare against a known revision / performance result combination, adding more systems to a QA farm running the same revision as you're running on some systems without having to manually copy the files between systems, etc. In other words, potential retroactive rollbacks of a Steam app to match a defined state?

Any advice for that method? Or at least is there any command line query that's universal against all steam apps for reporting a version / date number that's meaningful? At least then it could be automated to say the result comparison might be inaccurate if it doesn't match the upstream test result's version.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have an idea, you can bakcup a game and restaure a game on all computer you want !

And on all computer disable steam game update.

Comment

Working...
        X