No announcement yet.

The NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti Maxwell Continues Running Great On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have that MSI card now and it's running fine for my needs.
    Code:
    towo:Defiant> inxi -SG
    System:    Host: Defiant Kernel: 3.14-rc3-siduction-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) 
               Desktop: Xfce 4.11.2 Distro: siduction 13.2.0 December - xfce - (201312310323)
    Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] X.Org: 1.15.0 driver: nvidia Resolution: [email protected] 
               GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 334.1

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
      I have that MSI card now and it's running fine for my needs.
      Code:
      towo:Defiant> inxi -SG
      System:    Host: Defiant Kernel: 3.14-rc3-siduction-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) 
                 Desktop: Xfce 4.11.2 Distro: siduction 13.2.0 December - xfce - (201312310323)
      Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] X.Org: 1.15.0 driver: nvidia Resolution: [email protected] 
                 GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 334.1
      I'm mainly interested in noise / temperatures. I have not been able to find a review of that MSI card, just the "gaming" model.

Comment

I don't hear this card.

Temperature was 68 ?C at max on this test.

Comment

Temerature was 65 ?C max.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Aiye, that's the model I got. Will post experiences later.
            It's been in action for an hour now, so here's the short.

Temps are excellent, max 63 C.
            Perf is good, getting 288 khash/s using latest cudaminer and latest beta drivers (334.16 IIRC). BTW Nvidia your site sucks, I had to go to your FTP to be able to fetch the driver.

The fan is quiet, but a bit too high tone for my taste. In a quiet room I can hear it at 5m away. It only spins up to 40% in this use, so can't comment how it is on 100%. With some music playing, can't hear it. In total a good card, would buy more of.

In other news, Richland's power-saving is bad. The lowest state is 1700MHz, quite high, and the wattage used at that level is still high.

Comment

Forgot to mention that this is in an open case, in a closed one the fan would likely be inaudible.

Comment

I'm impressed with this card. It's probably more of a crappy ATI driver issue than an actual gauge of performance, but the EVGA 750 Ti FTW vastly outperforms the HD5870 I replaced with it.

My HD5870 was always problematic in Linux anyway, the performance was only marginally ahead of the quite significantly technically inferior 8800GTX I also have.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
                  MSI cards are good but they are always OCd and the ones I've used with Linux rev up whenever I do something simple like play a video due to their BIOS power settings, which I cannot control under Linux. My GTS 450 is whirring away in my PC right now and I'm not even doing anything that requires GPU power. Given that the bulk of these cards are dual-fan designs, I'd be hesitant to get one for myself until there are more reference designs available for compact systems like the one I have. I suspect there will also be more cards around the holiday season packing HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort while the current ones are just DVI/VGA/HDMI 1.4 for the most part.
                  I run a MSI stock overclocked R7970 Lightning BE under Linux and it's rock stable and relatively quiet. Same goes for the AMD drivers, no issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X