Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: GNOME 3.12 Might Come To Fedora 20, Packages Available

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,138

    Default GNOME 3.12 Might Come To Fedora 20, Packages Available

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.12 Might Come To Fedora 20, Packages Available

    With Fedora 21 not being released until at least August, some developers are working on possibly shipping the GNOME 3.12 packages in Fedora 20 as a stable release update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYxMDk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Looking forward to GNOME 3.12, it's been a long wait.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Fedora rolling release. I say bring it on!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redi44 View Post
    Fedora rolling release. I say bring it on!
    Isn't rawhide already the RR aspect of Fedora?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BSDude View Post
    Isn't rawhide already the RR aspect of Fedora?
    It's not kept in a usable state. It's not even as stable as the Arch Linux testing repositories because it's treated as a staging ground.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strcat View Post
    It's not kept in a usable state. It's not even as stable as the Arch Linux testing repositories because it's treated as a staging ground.
    Actually things have improved greatly over the past few years. Clearly, a lot depends on which desktop environment you are running. Gnome, from my experience, tends to be the most fragile, since they release a lot of unstable releases on the path to the next stable release, and they will all land in rawhide. Other environments, KDE for one, tend to only make releases towards the end of the development cycle, where things are really pretty stable. I've been running rawhide / KDE for the past three years or so, and only got bitten only once (because I missed an alert message on the fedora-devel list).

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strcat View Post
    It's not kept in a usable state. It's not even as stable as the Arch Linux testing repositories because it's treated as a staging ground.
    That's putting it rather too strongly. I've been running Rawhide on my desktop since F20 was released. There are several other Fedora devs who do this, and we keep at least the bits we use working pretty well.

    It's not a stable release, and I wouldn't recommend most people use it, but saying it's 'not in a usable state' is going too far.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Thos looks like an one-time thing before fedora.next. Anyway it would sooo nice to se this as a fedora 20 update on release day.
    Fedora 20 was released months ago, and Fedora 21 will have Gnome 3.12 by default.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    Fedora 20 was released months ago, and Fedora 21 will have Gnome 3.12 by default.
    I'm pretty sure they meant on Gnome 3.12 release day

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Fedora is too cliquish, and doesn't really want outsiders views.

    I was at flock where a lot of f.N was hammered out, and I like the idea, but I really don't like how they seem to ignore other voices. Unless you are a well known contributor, or a bombastic troll you simply get ignored even if no one is addressing your concerns. That has me worried. ...and they wonder how to increase the signal to noise ratio amongst the community... In short, if you want them to address your point, you apparently need to be an unsocial ass. Simply commenting in thread after thread does nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •