Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skrapion View Post
    ...the space shuttle has wheels.
    Yeah it does, that was a rather crappy analogy. But not as crappy as prodigy_'s retort.

Comment

Originally posted by tuubi View Post
      But not as crappy as prodigy_.
      Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
        Fixed that for you.
        Nah. Some of us prefer relatively civil conversation to abuse. Differing opinions are no excuse for personal insults.

Oh wait, I guess I forgot this is the intertubes.

Comment

Originally posted by lelele View Post
          I wonder if a "minimal" version of systemd like systemd-lite will eventually come out?
          init=/bin/bash

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
            Did you not hear about the shitstorm where systemd hijacked udev
            i hear shit from you. systemd did not hijack udev. udev maintainer decided to merge udev because that made sense.
            not for you obviously, because you are nonsensical

Comment

Originally posted by ssvb View Post
              Humans are not very bright on average and are easy to manipulate with the right skills.
              and you are good illustration of this

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
                We expect from an init replacement that it will do what sysvinit does and nothing more.
                first, if it does nothing more, there is no point replacing sysvinit. second, it is not an init system replacement. so you do not understand subject and are not able to make logical conclusions. what are you doing here ? go back to your cave and fuck yourself[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  There is a lot of bad thinking in the Linux world today.
                  why don't you take you and your bad thinking out of the linux world then ?

Comment

What do you call someone who does a quintuple post? Probably someone with a lack of hindsight or forethought.

Comment

Originally posted by middy
                      Systemd doesn't suck.
                      Yes it Does!
                      Its bringing a lot of features that so many people have been wanting on Linux for decades. Linux has been so fragmented with how many different init tools and variants that have been out there. For once having a standard init system, one that doesn't suck and works extremely well, is beyond welcoming.
                      Me and alots of people have no need or want the the so called features systemd brings, its a mess from the top to the bottom a total failure of code and programming. [/QUOTE]

No more having the same exact network file located in 20 different places in 20 different distros and 5 different ways of starting and stopping the service across 5 different distros. Now systemd handles it. Handles it the same way and in some cases provides better, more functionality and its in the same place and configured the same way across all distros. Finally user sessions being properly managed and no more having to make sure this is launched with this, and this is launched before this, and blah blah just to make sure you can properly mount drives as a user or being able to shutdown your computer.
                      I never ran into this problem, so systemd solves nothing for me and only makes my life harder.

For once linux is getting standards and not being so fragmented with over hundreds different ways to do the same exact thing. If you dislike systemd sorely on politics then do something productive and join the project and voice your opinion about your political issues.
                      LOL the cry that Linux is fragmented and we need standards is pure FUD, if you want standards and so called non fragmentation stay with the Windows and Apple crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X