Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5.6 Has An Exponential Operator, New Features

Phoronix: PHP 5.6 Has An Exponential Operator, New Features

The second alpha release of the forthcoming PHP 5.6 is now available. PHP 5.6 is shaping up to be a very nice evolutionary upgrade to this popular web programming language that also works well for CLI scripting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how they can reduce memory usage by more than 100% ...

Comment

Performance and memory improvements is the cheapest lie found in new releases, often it's a half truth - they tell you about the performance increase in one part of the software but don't tell you it happened at the cost of performance degradation in another part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
        This is how: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/slim_post_data

Comment

Originally posted by SevenOfMine
          I, for one, am inclined to hear a more in-depth analysis of the memory decrease statement there.
          You have a link to the patch on the RFC with the explanations and you can also check that on their github repo, you can check the php-internals mailing list to read the discussion about it last summer, you can also install 5.6alpha and test by yourself since you don't trust the developers.

Comment

PHP devs can't into math. News at 11.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
              Witchcraft.

Comment

Been there, done that

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                PHP devs can't into math. News at 11.
                I am a PHP developer with enough experience to say what I want about the language. Have you seen the RFC for annotations? Somewhat decent, to be honest. Have you seen what they actually want to implement? DOCCOMMENTS?! Why can't they implement Generics in a way that is syntactically consistent with Java? What MORONS!

Only complete and utter incompetence would warrant things like:
                • Backslashes edge out forward slashes even, let alone colons/periods/gtlt for namespace delimiters
                • Procedural clones of every OO method out there
                • So much junk in the root namespace (to be fair: namespaces are a relatively new feature)
                • Complete lack of naming conventions
                • etc

I've started moving to J2EE, and if nothing else the whole thing is a cleaner animal.
                Last edited by kazetsukai; 20 February 2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X