• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia suxx.

The only REAL things Nvidia can do is
    1) Open proper hardware specifications.
    2) Hire nouveau devs.

Everything else is a bullshit, to say the least. Now nouveau considered unusable by most users "thanks" to lack of hardware documentation and missing reclocking, leading to really shitty performance. Worst opensource driver of all desktop GPU vendors. Dear Nvidia, you suxx.

Comment

Fuck NVIDIA and fuck Michael Larabel.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        It?s better than nothing I suppose
        sure, but much worse than competition. i.e. no nvidia hardware purchases in foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          sure, but much worse than competition. i.e. no nvidia hardware purchases in foreseeable future
          For the love of god, this. Don't make another ten page thread about how "Nvidia suxx" and then go recommending to everyone and their mom to put Nvidia hardware in their steambox. They won't care unless the Nvidia engineers who are probably reading this, and I'm sure some of them are upset with how their company is so FOSS hostile, would walk into their investors board meetings or some equivalent budgeting office and say "look at all this revenue we are losing because everyone is buying AMD and Intel parts for foss drivers".

So I only buy AMD hardware, even in gaming systems, and just eat the radeonSI performance (which is actually really good on my 7870 - runs any game I can throw at it at the highest settings at 1080/60 besides games under wine, and I won't blame AMD for that).

So put your money where your mouth is on this. Considering how absurdly small the potential audience is, it requires a lot of word-of-mouth to produce an impact to make Nvidia start playing ball.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            As soon as you tell me which part of this story was news to you.
            Maxwell is a mobile first design and will be in Tegra. They've committed to open source Tegra support, so we expected some trickle down effect for discrete Maxwell.

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
              Maxwell is a mobile first design and will be in Tegra. They've committed to open source Tegra support, so we expected some trickle down effect for discrete Maxwell.
              By "committed" you mean barely 2d support with no 3d ever in sight.

That isn't committed, that is trying to avoid the question as long as they can get you to install their binary monstrosity.

Comment

Working...
              X