Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

Quote Originally Posted by stqn View Post
    Nice. I bought a GTX 660 one month ago and its max power consumption is 110W (min 7W)Ö Looks like the 750 Ti is about as powerful? Well anyway itís a similar priceÖ

Also nice to see that the performance per watt numbers are correct this time.
    No, it's not as fast as the GTX 660 in games, not even as fast as the GTX 550 Ti Boost. OpenCL and CUDA have been improved though. The GTX 660 is a better deal because you can find it for about the same price.

Comparing to a GTX 650 Ti BOOST is a joke considering it's 140W vs 60W on the GTX 750 Ti, the efficiency is way beyond and it's only slightly slower.

Maxwell GPUs are Compute Capability 5.0 btw, for those that are wondering.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...26631/#4126631

CUDA Capability Major/Minor version number: 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by wargames View Post
    No, it's not as fast as the GTX 660 in games, not even as fast as the GTX 550 Ti Boost. OpenCL and CUDA have been improved though. The GTX 660 is a better deal because you can find it for about the same price.
    Ah, good to know, and good for me then . Iím happy with my MSI "Twin Frozr" GTX 660 anyway because itís silent! And 7W on the desktop is pretty good. (Would be interesting to know if this number went down for the 7xx models.)

Quote Originally Posted by gonssal View Post
    It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
    The 660 would absolutely kerbstomp this thing. It is slower than a 650ti Boost, which is in turn slower than a 660.

From what I'm seeing, everyone is shipping bulky non-reference designs for the 2GB 750 Ti, which is not a good thing because those cards won't do well in off-the-shelf PCs due to their size and airflow requirements with the bulky dual-fan coolers/heatsinks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexMachine View Post
    From what I'm seeing, everyone is shipping bulky non-reference designs for the 2GB 750 Ti, which is not a good thing because those cards won't do well in off-the-shelf PCs due to their size and airflow requirements with the bulky dual-fan coolers/heatsinks.
    Not so sure about that but anyway, there are plenty of reference designs on the market, at least here in SE Asia.

Default NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti and Ubuntu 13.10

Is it safe to say that I must install Ubuntu 14.04 in order for the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to work?
    I am trying to install Ubuntu 13.10 and right where the install goes into graphics mode
    my install stops. All I have is a flashing cursor.

In the process right now of downloading Ubuntu 14.04. If that does not work not sure
    what to do next.

Thanks
    Peter

Question Overclockig

Is there any way to overclock those cards without using Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't have the GTX 660. The comparison was limited to cards I have...
    good GPU

Quote Originally Posted by peterd View Post
    Is it safe to say that I must install Ubuntu 14.04 in order for the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to work?
    I am trying to install Ubuntu 13.10 and right where the install goes into graphics mode
    my install stops. All I have is a flashing cursor.

In the process right now of downloading Ubuntu 14.04. If that does not work not sure
    what to do next.

Thanks
    Peter
    Finally made it to work on 13.10. I installed with the integrated haswell graphics (nvidia card removed). Then, put the card back in and boot into text mode (with "text nomodeset" parsed to GRUB), download and install the NVIDIA binary driver, blacklist nouveau and reboot. This is what finally made it work for me ... I had to disable the integrated graphics in BIOS, otherwise it kept locking up the computer.

Hope this helps someone,
    Peter