Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

This morning NVIDIA is unveiling their "Maxwell" family of graphics processors that succeed Kepler. With some past generations of NVIDIA hardware we have had to wait a while as Linux users to see how they would work and perform under non-Windows platforms, but I can tell you this morning that the brand new GeForce GTX 750 Ti is already running great on Linux and is delivering terrific results as a sub-$200 mid-range NVIDIA graphics card. Here's the first Ubuntu Linux review of the GeForce GTX 750 Ti Maxwell graphics card.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This seems like a pretty good GPU. It's even ok for mid-range gaming. The only thing I don't understand is the heatsink. They could've easily done a single-slot heatsink for this, or at the very least, shift over the GPU core enough so you could still insert a tiny PCIe 1x card.

Comment

I'm gonna get one of these ASAP. It looks like only the OC Ti variants are getting DisplayPort while the rest are all fitted with dual-link DVI and HDMI with the lower-end single-slot cards getting DVI/VGA/HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        This seems like a pretty good GPU. It's even ok for mid-range gaming. The only thing I don't understand is the heatsink. They could've easily done a single-slot heatsink for this, or at the very least, shift over the GPU core enough so you could still insert a tiny PCIe 1x card.
        I think some AIBs will end up doing single-slot designs.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
          I'm gonna get one of these ASAP. It looks like only the OC Ti variants are getting DisplayPort while the rest are all fitted with dual-link DVI and HDMI with the lower-end single-slot cards getting DVI/VGA/HDMI.
          It's pretty weird. I guess the lack of space on the single slot is a factor, considering that my GTX 660 has two DVI, one HDMI and one DP (but it uses two slots explicitly). Still, I'd expect 1x HDMI (full HDMI, not mini), 1x DP and 1x DVI on a model like the 750 Ti, because DVI is an ageing standard that should be supplanted by DisplayPort. But then perhaps it will have such a port set in one of the vendor versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I think some AIBs will end up doing single-slot designs.
            There are a few single-slots from Asus and others with heatsink/fan builds, mostly non-Ti but there are a few Ti cards. All the OC cards are double-slot/double-fan from what I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              It's pretty weird. I guess the lack of space on the single slot is a factor, considering that my GTX 660 has two DVI, one HDMI and one DP (but it uses two slots explicitly). Still, I'd expect 1x HDMI (full HDMI, not mini), 1x DP and 1x DVI on a model like the 750 Ti, because DVI is an ageing standard that should be supplanted by DisplayPort. But then perhaps it will have such a port set in one of the vendor versions.
              Well dvi-to-hdmi and dvi-to-vga dongles exists, so it's good to have at least dual link dvi-i connector(reference has vga connector, which is waste of space). And I agree in my needs, it should have full sized hdmi and dual link dvi.

Comment

The GeForce GTX 750 Ti had no problems outperforming the similarly-priced AMD Radeon R7 260X
                Are you really sure about the price? The 750 Ti is great and very efficient but it's overpriced for what it offers.

Comment

Gtx 660?

It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).

Comment

Originally posted by gonssal View Post
                    It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
                    I don't have the GTX 660. The comparison was limited to cards I have...
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X