FreeBSD Now Uses LLVM/Clang 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by litfan View Post
    The fact you post this retarded drivel all over these forums on a near daily basis show you do in fact care about BSD despite your childish attempts to claim otherwise.

Being pissed off has nothing to do with being childish. It has everything to do with having to share the same planet with someone as ignorant as you.
    Being pissed off in the internet in the definition of being childish, retarded. "OMG somebody in teh internets doesn't share my prejudices, butthurt!!"

Also, I think you're holding back, tell me what you really think of me.

Comment

This forum is such a joke at how bad it is it is pathetic. Too many ignorant retarded morons.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
        This forum is such a joke at how bad it is it is pathetic. Too many ignorant retarded morons.
        Too many weak pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          On the server, yes. On the desktop (which is what I meant) - it's a gazillion of drivers, for example HP has/had many types of printers each type several subversions with varying minor features (like HP 1020 vs HP 1022).

And the BSDs already work on Linux like stuff, like KMS, Wayland, you name it. I'm pretty sure they'll switch to systemd too sooner or later. Linux wannabies.
          Once again, mark45 goes for bottom of the barrel trolling.

Comment

Too many weak pussies.
            Typical response from a retarded troll.

Comment

So, LLVM/Clang 3.4, Radeon w/ KMS, and a Mesa that goes with it.

I believe that the Radeon DRM is based on an older Linux version, but hopefully now that the initial porting is over, it can be brought up to near synchronization with linux master.

Once that's done, DPM, OpenCL, and RadeonSI compatibility start to become feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                So, LLVM/Clang 3.4, Radeon w/ KMS, and a Mesa that goes with it.

I believe that the Radeon DRM is based on an older Linux version, but hopefully now that the initial porting is over, it can be brought up to near synchronization with linux master.

Once that's done, DPM, OpenCL, and RadeonSI compatibility start to become feasible.
                Initial radeon code is from Linux 3.8-rc3 or documented here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics that's small steps but FreeBSD development is interesting.

Comment

What about the performance impact of Clang

I'd really like to see the performance differences between FreeBSD 9 (built with GCC) vs FreeBSD 10 (built with Clang 3.3) vs FreeBSD 10 (built with Clang 3.4).

The fact that I haven't seen any performance comparisons seems odd. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                    I'd really like to see the performance differences between FreeBSD 9 (built with GCC) vs FreeBSD 10 (built with Clang 3.3) vs FreeBSD 10 (built with Clang 3.4).

The fact that I haven't seen any performance comparisons seems odd. Did I miss something?
                    For such a comparison you have to do it on your own as FreeBSD9 got compiled with GCC 4.2 (+various FreeBSD patches) but you can compile it also with clang (v3.3) (shown here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang), FreeBSD10 (base and most of the ports) got compiled with Clang 3.3 and for a comparsion with Clang 3.4 you have to import/merge Clang 3.4 from head and I'm not aware that somebody already tried this but maybe that's not a big thing. However Clang 3.4 looks very impressive and a later Clang with openmp would be nice to benchmarked with the Phoronix benchmark suite do know how much FreeBSD caught up against a current Linux distribution (Debian, Ubuntu, put in your favourite Linux distribution).

Comment

. Linux wannabies.
                      Did you even bother to read the "Subject" ? you moronic Windoze Wannabee:

-the fact that BSD has "dumped" gcc for LLVM/Clang 3.4 just shows you even more how BSD never did, nor ever will want to be like Linux, and LoL, why should they.
                      you can shove your "systemD'uh" where the sun don't shine too -don't want it, or even care for it.
                      While you're(linux) is trying to be more like Windoze everyday, BSD, atleast, and thankfully, is NOT !
                      Last edited by scjet; 03 March 2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X