Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android x86 4.4 Nears Its Final Release

Phoronix: Android x86 4.4 Nears Its Final Release

The Android x86 port that allows Google's Android operating system to run nicely on AMD and Intel hardware is nearing its 4.4 release derived from the upstream KitKat 4.4.2 release. Available for Valentine's Day is the final release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All my recent tests (android 4.2 and 4.3) ended in a system freeze....

Comment

What's the big difference to intel's image? http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...r-system-image

More drivers and newer kernel?

Also, "lanucher", how about spell checking their release announcement?

Comment

Android x86 4.4 Nears Its Final Release
        Some previous versions didn't have a final release. The latest release of Jeally Bean is a test release. This project sucks. Better try genymotion or Intel's images.

Comment

What is it for? Desktop replacement or x86 tablets/smartphones (they don't really exist XD)

Comment

graphics glitch, for me doesn't work.

UNFORTUNATELY,SETUP WIZARD HAS STOPPED.

I have an apu amd a8 5600k.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
              What is it for? Desktop replacement or x86 tablets/smartphones (they don't really exist XD)
              Geeksphone (javascript required) is working on an Atom-powered smartphone that runs Android and Firefox OS. Beside, I suppose it could be useful to develop Android apps on your desktop??

What I?m wondering is if native, non-java apps can work on this x86 version of Android or if they need recompilation.

Comment

There are a few, and I suspect that Baytrail and it's successors will bring more. Maybe even a few credible ones

Of course, those will also be prime targets for the intel images.

Comment

Its for ... whatever you want to run it on.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                    Geeksphone (javascript required) is working on an Atom-powered smartphone that runs Android and Firefox OS. Beside, I suppose it could be useful to develop Android apps on your desktop??
                    That's what the Android SDK exists for.

Comment

Working...
                    X