Clear All

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
    Projects have coding standards. If you submit a patch that doesn't look
    like the rest of the code then you won't get your code merged. If you look
    at the X11 dyn it looks exactly the same aswell
    Code:
    #if DEBUG_DYNAMIC_X11
        if (fn != NULL)
            printf("X11: Found '%s' in %s (%p)\n", fnname, x11libs[i].libname, fn);
        else
            printf("X11: Symbol '%s' NOT FOUND!\n", fnname);
    #endif

if (fn == NULL)
            *pHasModule = 0;  /* kill this module. */
        return fn;
    }

#endif /* SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DYNAMIC */

/* Define all the function pointers and wrappers... */
    #define SDL_X11_MODULE(modname)
    #define SDL_X11_SYM(rc,fn,params,args,ret) SDL_DYNX11FN_##fn X11_##fn = NULL;
    #include "SDL_x11sym.h"
    #undef SDL_X11_MODULE
    #undef SDL_X11_SYM
    Wayland used DRM from Xorg....

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
      Wayland used DRM from Xorg....
      And? The code you posted have nothing to do with that, it just checks
      if Wayland/Mir/Xorg is avalible for compiling or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
        And? The code you posted have nothing to do with that, it just checks
        if Wayland/Mir/Xorg is avalible for compiling or not.
        Sorry for stepping on your Religion and Mark your God but they do share code i looked over the SDL code files said to say there is no point in Mir ill keep using Xorg and i have better things to do like coding later noob

Comment

anyway...
          I've decided to test XMIR on ubuntu 14.04 and i have to say WAY BETTER!
          visual glitches are gone ( at least with this hardware ) and performance is alot better
          i wonder now that SDL had mir support does that mean i can run XMIR and when i launch a game it uses MIR stuff instead of X?
          and would nvidia lasted beta drivers work with XMIR since it has EGL support? i'm unable to test this since im not close to my desktop with an nvidia card.
          Last edited by TheSoulz; 14 February 2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Sorry for stepping on your Religion and Mark your God but they do share code i looked over the SDL code files said to say there is no point in Mir ill keep using Xorg and i have better things to do like coding later noob
            Bye.

Comment

if you wanna learn more about mir Follow this link:

shows how the compositor works

Comment

Basically wayland is vaporware that needs to be implemented by each desktop environment while Mir when finished will be a display server which is ready to use without having to go to all the trouble of writing an entire protocol implementation from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                  Basically wayland is vaporware that needs to be implemented by each desktop environment while Mir when finished will be a display server which is ready to use without having to go to all the trouble of writing an entire protocol implementation from scratch.
                  The facts say that Wayland is that kind of vaporware that is implemented in several projects, from desktop to the in-vehicle infotainment (and in the phone world, looks to Jolla, it's a real phone, not prototype) while Mir is still implemented only in the Canonical workgroup and nobody cares to adopt it.

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
                    The facts say that Wayland is that kind of vaporware that is implemented in several projects, from desktop to the in-vehicle infotainment (and in the phone world, looks to Jolla, it's a real phone, not prototype) while Mir is still implemented only in the Canonical workgroup and nobody cares to adopt it.
                    We will see...

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
                      What matters is the financial backing behind project. People may not like Mir or Canonical but if they keep pushing it with financial support for years, it will eliminate the need for Wayland. If Wayland does something better, with enough effort Mir can adopt that and become better in the end. It's just a matter of manpower and industrial co-operation. For example if Mir supports closed source drivers better, companies will like it more and at least on ARM all GPU work is closed so it's clear Wayland has trouble on ARM and Mir doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X