Thread: Ubuntu to switch to systemd

Default Ubuntu to switch to systemd

You heard it here first. Mark Shuttleworth is now endorsing systemd and will be making way for Ubuntu to transition towards it in the near future:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Shuttleworth
    [...] the decision is for systemd, and given that Ubuntu is quite centrally a member of the Debian family, that’s a decision we support. I will ask members of the Ubuntu community to help to implement this decision efficiently, bringing systemd into both Debian and Ubuntu safely and expeditiously. It will no doubt take time to achieve the stability and coverage that we enjoy today and in 14.04 LTS with Upstart, but I will ask the Ubuntu tech board (many of whom do not work for Canonical) to review the position and map out appropriate transition plans. We’ll certainly complete work to make the new logind work without systemd as pid 1. I expect they will want to bring systemd into Ubuntu as an option for developers as soon as it is reliably available in Debian, and as our default as soon as it offers a credible quality of service to match the existing init.
    http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1316

Who could have seen this coming? I certainly didn't.

Default Debian TC Memberes have a Conflict of Interest

if you read it
    both Debian and Ubuntu in favour of systemd.
    This shows that there was a Conflict of Interest going on in the votes

If you aren't wearing a raincoat, put one on now. A lot of heads are about to explode.