Win An Amazon Gift Card While Helping Out This Linux Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
    I'd only complete this if I was guaranteed a $150 gift card!
    Wow. Your time is PRECIOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      They will have the sweepstakes date updated shortly, thanks for pointing it out.
      Thanks! Otherwise I would have have to track down a Tardis...

Comment

As always people, read the fine print on these things:
        The sweepstakes is open to any adult 18 years old or older at the time of the entry and a legal resident of the 50 United-States
        ... and goodbye.

Comment

I did the survey.

It wasn't terribly painful.

I'll let you know when I win the $150, and then the $500 on top of it.

Gonna use my winnings to buy an Ubuntu-phone. Oh wait...

Comment

Wow, this survey is stupid.. not only does it not acknowledge Linux & F/OSS at all, but even the phone carrier choices are "Use now / would consider / not aware of" -- no option for "aware of, but would not consider"

And, as always: I don't mind helping out the site by turning off adblock, but some ads *COUGHINLINEKONTERAADSCOUGH* are just way too intrusive. Leave some reasonable-color ads around the content -- I don't even mind if there's a bit of animation going on there...

Comment

Hah, I can enter if I'm a resident of Canada and am invited. So... was I invited?

EDIT: By the way you guys, the survey thing is done through a third party with their own template for stuff. It's no surprise that it's got a lot of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fry-kun View Post
                And, as always: I don't mind helping out the site by turning off adblock, but some ads *COUGHINLINEKONTERAADSCOUGH* are just way too intrusive.
                Kontera isn't even shown as long as you're logged into a forum account... Doesn't even need to be a premium subscription, as long as you have a forum account there should be no Kontera.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Oh, so that's why I hardly ever see those ads, but sometimes I do. Good to know, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Kontera isn't even shown as long as you're logged into a forum account... Doesn't even need to be a premium subscription, as long as you have a forum account there should be no Kontera.
                    That actually looks a lot better, thanks!

Meanwhile, in survey land...

*facepalm*

Comment

I was keen to help out, even when I was pretty sure that being a non-US resident meant I wasn't going to get the prize (confirmed. must be "legal resident of the 50 United-States...").

Then I got asked "Male or Female" (yeah, ok)
                      Then "Age" (hmm. no ranges to pick from? that's not good)
                      Then "Marital status" (I'm out).

Comment

Working...
                      X