Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mozilla To Begin Pushing Ads To The New Tabs Page

Quote Originally Posted by CTTY View Post
    i think it's funny that there are people that think that an institution whose independence can be revoken by the state are completely independent from the state. It is clearly nonsense. (Yes, i am refering to the FED)
    This reminds me of something the Japanese prime minister said to their central bank last year. It was to the effect of "if you don't do what I say, I will take away your independece".

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    LOL!

Looks like it's time to move to icecat or to a non-shitty/bloated browser
    The latest versions of Mozilla appear to conflict with my anti-virus software, but I find that hard to believe as others use VIPRE and have no issues with Firefox.

I have not upgraded Mozilla since 24.0 and my networking situation might be different or "more locked down" than newer versions of Mozilla can tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinN View Post
    OMG, you so hit the nail on the head - I agree, capitalism is done, finished, finito, kaput! I too give it only until the second coming of Jesus Christ.... after that, it's anyone's guess.
    Funny, when Feudalism was all the rage, some people used to say the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by TemplarGR View Post
    Funny, when Feudalism was all the rage, some people used to say the same thing...
    Hey I didn't know you're that old, tell us more please....

Quote Originally Posted by johään View Post
    This reminds me of something the Japanese prime minister said to their central bank last year. It was to the effect of "if you don't do what I say, I will take away your independece".

Yes A president of the United States said a similar phrase to the FED, but i dont remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    Beliefs that condition our lives are not expensive, and the more we consume them, the more real they become. But what is believed is a product that has no common ground with the truth, since it is a totally different notion...

http://cromalternativemoney.org/inde...-all-time#2776
    Nice write up - thanks for sharing. Here's another one you might like by Andreesen - http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/deal...tcoin-matters/. It's very level headed and takes people's desires, ethics, morals and service in consideration and frames bitcoin in that context...

I love bitcoin as much as the next guy - but to think it can thrive to its fullest potential outside of the boundaries of law, morality and ethics - all connected to a power base of people/governments... is the worst kind of pipe dream that could sap it of whatever potential it currently has or can bring.

Even a cursory reading of bitcointalk.org definitely gives you the impression that BitCoin is as big as the internet revolution - which it is not... or the next best thing since sliced bread and butter.. which it is not. I am certain I'm in a minority (at least as far as bitcointalk goes)... which is why I probably stopped reading it.

Phoronix is cool, Michael puts in the time to synthesize all Linux/UNIX newsworthy things here, so I am still here .

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    On the Chrome new tab page, i have links showing up to Google search, GMail, Youtube, and something called the Chrome Web Store. I don't even know what that is, so i'm pretty sure i didn't go there and have it added to my list.
    There's only two way you are seeing that. 1) You haven't updated Chrome in a long time. 2) You explicitly re-enabled the Apps page in chrome://flags after Google disabled it.

The default new tab view in Chrome now is a list of your most-visited sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    how did this get turned into a governmental discussion?
    Michael turned it into a political discussion when he said in his article that he is a "believer in capitalism".

Quote Originally Posted by MartinN View Post
    Hey I didn't know you're that old, tell us more please....
    You don't have to have experienced a thing first hand, to know about it. You can learn from the experience and knowledge of others... It is called written word. Books. You should try it some time...

Thumbs down seamonkey-project.org

Get back to SEAMONKEY.
    The Original modern Mozilla application suite descendent,
    that you should be using, anyway,
    instead of playing monkey with Firefox all these years now.
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
    And yes, apply View->Apply theme>Modern to 'normal' browser look and feel.
    And you gen Mail client, IRC client and small HTML editor with it. ;P
    Last edited by Markore; 02-12-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: adding some info