Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mozilla To Begin Pushing Ads To The New Tabs Page

Hybrid View

Default Mozilla To Begin Pushing Ads To The New Tabs Page

Phoronix: Mozilla To Begin Pushing Ads To The New Tabs Page

Mozilla will begin pushing sponsored ads/sites into the directory tiles when entering the new tabs page where traditionally it has showed the most frequently visited sites...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYwMTY

as they better try to capitalize off the web browser. Ads are a way of life on the Internet; as a publisher myself dependent upon ads for making a living, and believer in capitalism, great job Mozilla
    LOL!

Looks like it's time to move to icecat or to a non-shitty/bloated browser

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    LOL!

Looks like it's time to move to icecat or to a non-shitty/bloated browser
    Indeed, Firefox is open source. Anybody is free to fork it and remove the ads. I am sure Iceweasel and Icecat will ship without any ads.

and believer in capitalism
    aaand ad blocker enabled again.

Capitalism is one of the worst possible systems. It's only used because most people are too stupid to see through it. The fact that the stocksystem is still up and running is a further proof that the reason capitalism works is based upon the stupidity of the masses.

As Capitalism is the current system, of course everyone needs money to survive. (if he doesn't want to kill other people or steal from other people, that is.) But it's one thing to live in a system and accept that it's not currently changeable and a completely different thing to not accept but think that the system is the best there is and making a religion out of it.
    Last edited by Detructor; 02-12-2014 at 12:14 PM.

As a free spirit and not believer in ads, just wanna say, that ads is nothing to me, so i will not be a part of just a number of ad views, i block ads everywhere i can. Not to mention, that ff is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    Are here people who use the internet (or even this site) without adblock? hah

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Are here people who use the internet (or even this site) without adblock? hah
    Well, there's still me who seems exactly five ads on every Phoronix page (well except for the "Reply to Thread" page, there is only four ads here).

Capitalism is one of the worst possible systems. It's only used because most people are too stupid to see through it. The fact that the stocksystem is still up and running is a further proof that the reason capitalism works is based upon the stupidity of the masses.

As Capitalism is the current system, of course everyone needs money to survive. (if he doesn't want to kill other people or steal from other people, that is.) But it's one thing to live in a system and accept that it's not currently changeable and a completely different thing to not accept but think that the system is the best there is and making a religion out of it.
    You mean Corporatism not Capitalism, Capitalism hasn't been used in practice in hundreds of years, and things like "public" companies (and hence stock markets) and intellectual property are inherently anti-capitalistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    You mean Corporatism not Capitalism, Capitalism hasn't been used in practice in hundreds of years, and things like "public" companies (and hence stock markets) and intellectual property are inherently anti-capitalistic.
    That's the point. Even if we had such a "true" capitalism, we would end up right here. When capital accumulation means power, our system becomes inherently corrupted as powerful people interfere with laws or rules to become even more powerful. That's what happened historically and that's what will happen again if we adopt, again, that "true" capitalism.

This.

I am sorry folks, but Capitalism is a fraud. It is a system designed to exploit the many for the benefit of the few. I can understand needing money since we are still living inside that system, but to say it is good?

Michael, you may know a few things about open source, but on politics and economics, just stop it right there... But i am sure this is just a way to make more money, since this will turn to a flame...

PS: Firefox is done for me. I don't care about their profits. I am not their mother. I am using Chromium currently and will be sticking to that, thank you very much...