Problems with ATI, Compiz fusion and Ubuntu 8,04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with ATI, Compiz fusion and Ubuntu 8,04

Hello, i'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with ATI mobility radeon X600 and fglrx 8.3. With a clean installation of all, and with the propietary driver, when i run compiz, i can't run other programs with 3d requeriments. i can, but not correctly.

This video show my problem.

i tried with ati catalyst 8.4 and ubuntu 7.10 with the same result.

What do you think??

Thanks

This is a known issue actually... i am fairly certain that if you have xvideo output enabled on various applications like vlc, mplayer or other software that supports Xvideo you'll also see the same bug.

Comment

Yep. There are a couple of easy workarounds for now :

- set the Compiz option to "not redirect full screen windows" (or something like that) and run your apps full screen

- wrap the 3d app in a script which shuts down Compiz and restarts it after the app finishes

The problem is that Compiz and the 3D app end up fighting for the screen and drawing over each other, so you get a flickering effect. Depending on game and monitor refresh rate you get different results; sometimes you can't see the app at all.
      Test signature

Comment

You can get Video working under compix, using SMPlayer Compiz and decent Video works for me:

Comment

Working...
        X