Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte AirCruiser GN-WI06N-RH

Phoronix: Gigabyte AirCruiser GN-WI06N-RH

Last month we had looked at the Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 GN-WI30N-RH 802.11n WiFi adapter. The wireless adapter uses the Ralink RT2860 chipset, which doesn't have a Linux driver in the kernel, but we were able to easily get this 802.11n wireless adapter working with Ubuntu when using ndiswrapper and the Windows driver. Today we have our hands on the Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 Dual GN-WI06N-RH, which is a PCI Express Mini-Card with dual-band 802.11a/b/gn support. How well does this Atheros-based WiFi card work on Linux? We'll tell you in this review.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Okay... NOW we have in hand an answer for ripping OUT our Broadcom parts on more modern machines.

ndiswrapper, while it's a good make-do, it's NOT really the answer. I might just end up with a tablet machine after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Okay... NOW we have in hand an answer for ripping OUT our Broadcom parts on more modern machines.

ndiswrapper, while it's a good make-do, it's NOT really the answer. I might just end up with a tablet machine after all...
      well, i've already kicked out of my pc the broadcom wifi board. it was so awful that i couldn't stand it more. also now i've got another pc that is mounting a broadcom chip and that chip is awful also on windows. on vista it simply doesn't connect on ciphered networks and on xp it barely works (11mb instead of 54). i'll really guess i'll have to change it in the near future with an atheros chipset (maybe another gigabyte board as the one i've bought and that is really wonderful with madwifi-ng. i'll test it one of these days also with the new ath5k (even if it isn't listed as tested hw on openhal).

Comment

I recently purchased one of these for my dell mini inspiron 910 (mini 9) and i am having trouble getting it to work in ubuntu 8.1 .

could you please elaborate on what you did to compile drivers for the card and get it up and running in ubuntu?

thanks alot, this is supposed to be a pretty good card

Comment

Working...
        X