No announcement yet.

The Latest Look Of The Phoronix Redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Michael, just got the new layout... can you tone down the font size and stuff a bit? Seriously when I reloaded the page I thought I had Firefox set to zoom in 150% can email you a screenshot if you want
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Really nice work with the redesign, I like it already, even the font size
      Keep up the good work!

Comment

Font is too big, had to zoom out two clicks before it looked right on my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Hey Michael, just got the new layout... can you tone down the font size and stuff a bit? Seriously when I reloaded the page I thought I had Firefox set to zoom in 150% can email you a screenshot if you want
          Font sizes are now based on CSS percentages; do you have a really large default font size or something in your browser?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Lookin' Good

Hey Michael. I just vitisted the site and got the new theme.

I actually quite like it. Very sleek and clean looking.

Comment

Fonts here are a bit bigger than I prefer (I unzoomed 1 level in Firefox), but they are indeed in percent. Not sure what my default size is.
              Also, They look a bit fuzzy/not sharp. ('Open sans', sans-serif)

Comment

The font is too large and before you ask the default on most browsers is a font size of 16 for Times New Roman, which is the size I have set.
                So please switch that body { font-size: 100%; } to a sane value or leave as you had on the old phoronix site.

Other than that, the new design is well, evolutionary like you said, nothing interesting like the slashdot beta.

Comment

Just made a change to the CSS sizing for those that refresh now.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

the [datestamp]-[topic]-[#of comments] part being light grey on white unless you mouseover it is really hard to read, going a couple shades darker would make it more readable by giving more contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                      the [datestamp]-[topic]-[#of comments] part being light grey on white unless you mouseover it is really hard to read, going a couple shades darker would make it more readable by giving more contrast.
                      Should be better now with the latest CSS.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X