Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Latest Look Of The Phoronix Redesign

Hey Michael, just got the new layout... can you tone down the font size and stuff a bit? Seriously when I reloaded the page I thought I had Firefox set to zoom in 150% can email you a screenshot if you want

Really nice work with the redesign, I like it already, even the font size
    Keep up the good work!

Font is too big, had to zoom out two clicks before it looked right on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    Hey Michael, just got the new layout... can you tone down the font size and stuff a bit? Seriously when I reloaded the page I thought I had Firefox set to zoom in 150% can email you a screenshot if you want
    Font sizes are now based on CSS percentages; do you have a really large default font size or something in your browser?

Default Lookin' Good

Hey Michael. I just vitisted the site and got the new theme.

I actually quite like it. Very sleek and clean looking.

Fonts here are a bit bigger than I prefer (I unzoomed 1 level in Firefox), but they are indeed in percent. Not sure what my default size is.
    Also, They look a bit fuzzy/not sharp. ('Open sans', sans-serif)

The font is too large and before you ask the default on most browsers is a font size of 16 for Times New Roman, which is the size I have set.
    So please switch that body { font-size: 100%; } to a sane value or leave as you had on the old phoronix site.

Other than that, the new design is well, evolutionary like you said, nothing interesting like the slashdot beta.

Just made a change to the CSS sizing for those that refresh now.

the [datestamp]-[topic]-[#of comments] part being light grey on white unless you mouseover it is really hard to read, going a couple shades darker would make it more readable by giving more contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    the [datestamp]-[topic]-[#of comments] part being light grey on white unless you mouseover it is really hard to read, going a couple shades darker would make it more readable by giving more contrast.
    Should be better now with the latest CSS.