No announcement yet.

The Latest Look Of The Phoronix Redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more like " the orrendous hideous site that looks like a 5-year old child's work-new look". Can you add an option to have the old, better looking one? thanks.

Comment

I miss optimized pages for mobile devices (mobile template).

Comment

The new design is quite nice.
        Personally, I prefer to warm up some of that white with the following Stylish:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.phoronix.com") {

div#phxcms_title_picture_area
        {
        background-color: #ffffea;
        }

.KonaBody
        {
        background-color: #ffffea;
        }

}

Just my personal taste really. It's all good regardless. You should give a few pointers to the Slashdot re-design team

Comment

Please, reduce the white proportion

Too much white for me.
          Also, it's a little too dense, look like an asian site... preparing the cantonese version ?

Comment

Please change the CAPITAL LETTERS to normal text.

Also remove your face from every post.
            Don't need to see it.

Less is more.

Comment

The changes are OK though it takes a little bit time to get used to them. The font size is now better than before (bigger is better!).

Comment

It doesnt look modern at all, it looks too damn flat, colors are bad, also no borders for elements is bad idea, everything kind of mixes together and you cant see, where element ends, at least draw a black line.

Comment

I like it. It's not too drastic imo, and it looks sooo much better on a widescreen.

Comment

In my opinion the new design has too much green. I like thecolor green, but I think it should be used more sparingly. For example the old website had a grey title background and I think the only green thing where the letters of "phoronix".(with white outline)

Comment

The new font renders really large on Android using Chrome. On a Note 2 I am getting 3-5 words per line on the main page when both side bars are present.

Comment

Working...
                      X