The Latest Look Of The Phoronix Redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmeakins View Post
    Instead of making things look better, I'd prefer it if you added HTTPS to the site.
    That's only ever been considered as a feature for premium users.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I think the font weight should be heavier for the title text.

Comment

i don't understand, why exactly do you people like the new design? it's low density, it's very bare, dichromatic, and the list can go on and on.
        The old interface was way more useful and complete, not to speak of the design language that wasn't " text here in that rectangle, fill rectangle with green"

To me it looks like a bad windows 8/wp8 app( and I own a wp8 device, so that's that).

I would actually be inclined to pay for the old version(or a dark theme).

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
          i don't understand, why exactly do you people like the new design? it's low density, it's very bare, dichromatic, and the list can go on and on.
          The old interface was way more useful and complete, not to speak of the design language that wasn't " text here in that rectangle, fill rectangle with green"

To me it looks like a bad windows 8/wp8 app( and I own a wp8 device, so that's that).

I would actually be inclined to pay for the old version(or a dark theme).
          (emphasis mine)

That's precisely why I like it.

Really, really digging the new design. I take back what I wrote earlier about the colors and all that. This is much easier on the eyes, I like that it respects my font size preference, and I love that it makes better use of available space within the window.

Two thumbs up, Michael.

Comment

I'm sorry for thinking like i'm navigating a site for people with impaired visuals/cognitive problems.

Comment

Too wide for portrait

It's too wide for 1080x1920 - I run my monitors in portrait precisely to avoid vast swathes of wasted horizontal space on many sites, as you can see in the screenshots of the Aurora article:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

but the new layout wastes quite a lot of space on overly-wide sidebars, and doesn't fit into 1080 pixels horizontally.

Comment

Working...
              X