X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing to say on topic, just lamenting the lewd setup of the title:

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
      GUI are not meant to solve bad management problems...
      Indeed, GUIs aren't meant to solve problems. They're meant to create them.

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
      Your problem isn't the GUI tool, its the bureaucracy forcing you to use it.
      /sigh

Next time when someone asks me why I hate idealists so much, I'll just show them your post.
      Last edited by prodigy_; 11 February 2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post

/sigh

Next time when someone asks me why I hate idealists so much, I'll just show them your post.
        They are meant to solve interface problems (like, lower barrier entry, less configuration errors, etc..). Not word hunger, problems with your wife, cancer, or management issues. That's not idealism, pretty much the opposite.

Comment

/sigh

Yes. I'm definitely the idealist here, not the guy so desperate to show the superiority of the command line that he makes up some sop story about the "pure evils" of administrative GUIs that completely fails to demonstrate any actual problem with GUIs.

Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
            I'm definitely the idealist here
            Of course you are. For you good on paper == good in practice.

But don't worry, the first step is to admit that you have a problem. So you're on the right path.

Comment

Of course you are. For you good on paper == good in practice.

But don't worry, the first step is to admit that you have a problem. So you're on the right path.

Does that even remotely reflect what I said? Take your pre-school level argument and shove it up your arse.

Comment

Does the new GUI mean that you can't do the old text-based administration, or does it make text-based administration harder? Some people have implemented decent schemes on top of the current text-based methods. For instance, putting /etc into SVN.

Then again, what about things like Puppet, and how does this interact with them?

Comment

For single server setups I also found this new interface very nice: http://ajenti.org/

But I guess I will have a look at cockpit too

Comment

Working...
                  X