[14.1 beta] Segfault in libamdocl32.so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [14.1 beta] Segfault in libamdocl32.so

Trying the new 14.1 driver, the bundled clinfo (and any other OpenCL apps) segfault in libamdocl32.so. If I unload the fglrx module and prevent it from loading, no segfault, but cpu only opencl.

Probably not worth it to file in the unofficial tracker given I'm not running a supported distro. Stripped lib doesn't give me much info anyway.

With OpenCL from Catalyst 14.1:
    clinfo[1627]: segfault at e97 ip b55aa4ad sp bff7fbf0 error 4 in libamdocl32.so[b535a000+203a000]

With OpenCL from APP SDK 2.9:
    clinfo[1938]: segfault at e97 ip b576951d sp bfd294a0 error 4 in libamdocl32.so[b555a000+1ebe000]

Small USB image you can use to test (boot, type "sudo clinfo", boom):

strace informs me that it successfully opens /dev/ati/card0, does a few ioctls, closes it, and then proceeds to commit sudoku by NULL pointer. Ladies and gentlemen, AMD blob quality.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      strace informs me that it successfully opens /dev/ati/card0, does a few ioctls, closes it, and then proceeds to commit sudoku by NULL pointer. Ladies and gentlemen, AMD blob quality.
      you mean seppuku? and which distro are you using? I'm having issues on Sabayon (Gentoo-based) as aticonfig --initial segfaults. I hate this "supported distro" crap. If it works in ubuntu or redhat, I'd love to know why it won't work under gentoo. Linux is Linux. while directories may be used different, the applications and libraries technically are the same.
      Last edited by Darksurf; 16 March 2014, 07:56 AM.

Comment

you mean seppuku? and which distro are you using?
        No, sudoku (inside joke). TinyCore.

Can't comment on aticonfig, as this was an X-less build. As it happened that Maxwell was released a few days after this, I deployed a 750Ti instead. Successfully, no need to add.

Comment

Working...
        X