Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Is Looking Great As A Wayland Desktop

Phoronix: Hawaii Is Looking Great As A Wayland Desktop

The Enlightenment Wayland Compositor wasn't the only Wayland desktop project seeing attention at FOSDEM earlier this month, but the Qt5-based Hawaii desktop also received some stage time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this related to AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
      Is this related to AMD?
      No. What makes you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        No. What makes you think so?
        That one:
        "Hawaii Is Looking Great As A Wayland Desktop

Posted by Michael Larabel in AMD on 10 February 2014 06:25 AM EST"

Comment

Someone needs a vacation =) .

I understand the wrong section. AMD released GPU's which carried the codename Hawaii.

Comment

Nope, i think hes american, and, you know, they just legalized "grass", and hes high since that It would explain all the brilliant "nnniiiuuuzzz" that was posted

Comment

Or maybe it's because Slashdot is going down on it's new and allegedly 'improved' interface. Letting Michael kick back and enjoy all the new ppl flowing to Phoronix for their daily 'needs'.

Comment

"Hawaii Is Looking Great As A Wayland Desktop" - Has anyone seen it/built it?

I can see a few videos on Youtube but it all predates the v0.2.0 announcement and looks incomplete for a full desktop environment
                this is a video to test Hawaii, the first DE made entirely for waylandHOW TO INSTALL: http://deasproject.altervista.org/blog/provare-hawaii-de-per-wayland-su...

and this is the related Maui channel
                This was the channel of the Hawaii desktop environment. It was merged with PapyrOS resulting in Liri, a modern OS and apps built around the Material Design language. Check https://liri.io and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYtVjJpp1ORWhytmYQEPNig

Comment

Question?

Ok, I'm new to this free software thing, but what is it with this obsession with slides?

Comment

Originally posted by lelele View Post
                    Ok, I'm new to this free software thing, but what is it with this obsession with slides?
                    Maybe because there was a major conference recently (FOSDEM) and people tend to produce slides when doing presentations at conferences.

Comment

Working...
                    X