Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Tech Committee Falling Further Into Disarray

Phoronix: Debian Tech Committee Falling Further Into Disarray

While it was clear that systemd overtook Upstart in this weekend's Debian init system voting by the Debian technical committee, some fits are still being had over the results. Some committee members are now calling for resignations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Phoronix
    Ian Jackson, a Canonical employee
    Ian Jackson works for Citrix, not Canonical.

Comment

Ian has been unsatisfied with the voting results
      ...Okay? Make your own distro where your opinion is the majority then?
      Does he not understand how voting works?

Comment

I don't give a flying ship about Debian and their childish flamewars. Please write something about peoples who actually do some serious work.

Comment

ian jackson not works in canonical!

ian jackson not works in canonical! works in citrix.

this type of errors... we don t need to agree with majority and majority not always is write one (not saying it is the case).

enabling adblock untill this big error is correct by michael

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
            ian jackson not works in canonical! works in citrix.
            It's already been fixed for several minutes now, was quick typo in process of adding more info.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
              I don't give a flying ship about Debian and their childish flamewars. Please write something about peoples who actually do some serious work.
              I don't think so, let's vote on this.

Comment

At least he took the advice to have a break, otherwise those who don't owe him any allegiance would be entirely justified in kicking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post
                  I don't think so, let's vote on this.
                  I think we need further discussions about whether we should vote on what kind of articles Michael should write. Also, michal has lost the trust of the Phoronix community and I vote not to give him the right to vote on the Phoronix issue.

Comment

Conveniently ignored in the article was the mail asking people to calm down instead of stirring the flames further: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte.../msg00367.html

Phoronix: Linux Hardware Reviews, Benchmarking, Gaming & Mudslinging.

Comment

Working...
                    X