No announcement yet.

Time For Feedback On A New Phoronix Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mainly read this site on my mobile (iPhone 5s) while commuting. The site is barely useable anymore.

When the page is zoomed out the fonts are pixelated and jagged. It improves slightly when zooming the article. I would much rather see a normal Helvetica font as it is much more readable, although it may not be as cool.

Sorry for whining in my first post,

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      There is right now for iPhone and iPod but haven't done any other tests. On my android tablets the desktop version was fine. Limited by other devices for other mobile uis.
      Have you checked it with mobile firefox?

I know you dislike adblockers, but here is straight use case - not adblocking when relying on cellular is not an option for 95% of earth population.
      Loading a webpage with ads a bunch of hundred times is enough to completely cut all monthly traffic volume. And traffic via cellular still costs a lot in many countries and there is no flat.

Since google removed adblockers from its page and completely ignored this specific use case, a lot of Android users either moved to firefox or rooted their device.

Maybe you can get some statistics on which browser is used from mobile devices more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraxbe View Post
        I mainly read this site on my mobile (iPhone 5s) while commuting. The site is barely useable anymore.

When the page is zoomed out the fonts are pixelated and jagged. It improves slightly when zooming the article. I would much rather see a normal Helvetica font as it is much more readable, although it may not be as cool.

Sorry for whining in my first post,
        This is an issue specific to the iPhone 5 it appears (i've seen it on my phone too), but with all other mobile devices tested -- even the iPad and all Android devices -- the font is rendered well.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X