No announcement yet.

Time For Feedback On A New Phoronix Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also agree that the new look seems nice, but keep the green theme.

Comment

Phoronix has ads?

Comment

The new layout looks nice, although the current one is fine. I like the green theme personally. Mabey the new site with a green theme would be optimal... imo.

Comment

I like the green too, albeit you can check out my Twitter feed from yesterday and people were complaining earlier revisions had too much green.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It has to be said...

Fuck beta!!

Seriously the new design is ok, but current design is still better.
            Dunno why to change things.

Comment

There, I fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
                Phoronix has ads?
                Speaking of which, I see the first image has an ad that says "Support the Keystone XL pipeline". What. I didn't expect the US oil industry to fall low enough to resort to *ads* for this...

Comment

For those liking the green theme....

Thoughts on that revision?
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Most users (myself included) who are happy with current phoronix design will have a natural resistance to any design change.

I don't know much about marketing or design but if "Green is the Phoronix branding color", then by changing it you are changing your branding. If you are happy with that, so am I.

I like the proposed design, although I feel some (unavoidable?) resistance to loosing the green. I am willing to embrace the change if you are ok with it .

EDIT: Uhh!! I really like your latest post!
                    Last edited by zeehio; 09 February 2014, 05:41 PM. Reason: Green theme!

Comment

If you're going to change, change more than the damn color scheme and the width. If you were going to make the site easier to use/read on somehow, I would agree with the change but as this "new design" stands, I hate it. The older "new design" you had last year was much better in my opinion... at least that felt like you were changing for the better instead of for the sake of change.

I agree with the other people too, why drop the green? Green is one of the colors I like the least but Phoronix is almost synonymous with green at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X