SuperTuxKart profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTuxKart profile

The description is wrong, STK has not used PLIB/SDL in several versions.

Proposed change:
    Code:
    -This game uses PLIB, SDL, OpenAL, and other technologies.
    +This game uses Irrlicht, OpenAL, and other technologies.
    Also, the profile mode is not a repeatable benchmark, but I bet you knew that already. It is a fresh simulation with random karts and random AI actions.

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    The description is wrong, STK has not used PLIB/SDL in several versions.
    Updated, thanks. http://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/supertuxkart

Also, the profile mode is not a repeatable benchmark, but I bet you knew that already. It is a fresh simulation with random karts and random AI actions.
    This test isn't used in many Phoronix articles since it's not too demanding on modern hardware. However, when I have run it I have found the end result to be rather repeatable on modern hardware.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

You're compromising on your own quality by using it next to reproducible benches. The FPS may be close enough (due to cpu bottlenecks), but it's quite obvious to the viewer a completely different race is done each time.

Comment

You're compromising on your own quality by using it next to reproducible benches. The FPS may be close enough (due to cpu bottlenecks), but it's quite obvious to the viewer a completely different race is done each time.
        It doesn't hurt to have it in the suite. Not every benchmark is for FPS vs FPS comparison. Sometimes I use these tests just to make sure everything is working as expected & there isn't some form of major regression which is easiest detected in the automation of the suite.

Comment

It does hurt, because it's the only non-reproducible bench in PTS that I know of. Having it there lowers the standards of Phoronix.

You cannot even regression-test with it, since the AI may decide to get stuck in a corner, leaving you with a wildly different number and you none the wiser.

Comment

well, if you go from 400fps to 2fps, you certainly can regression test with it. If you don't like the test don't run it. Just because it doesn't fit your requirements doesn't mean its not useful to others.

Comment

Working...
            X