Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about HP 635 and Lenovo E145 (ITE IT8518 etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about HP 635 and Lenovo E145 (ITE IT8518 etc.)

Hello

Does anybody here have the HP 635 notebook and got it to work? I mean the ITE IT8518 Super IO, everything else is AMD / Realtek and just works (as always).
    Did anyone get that pesky fan control to work correctly? (If you switch the bios to "fan not always on" it works for the fan but the BIOS complains at every start that there is a fan failure and it wants to shut down the system... GNAWWWRRR! Besides, you could nearly cool the E-350 APU passively unless you compile Gentoo all the time )

Does anybody have the Lenovo E145 (E1-2500 APU or the bigger version)? Any experiences? It looked quite good (battery runtime, non-glare screen, though it's not IPS - but for the price it's fine), besides the non-oldschool keyboard (layout especially). Do all chips work (I read it uses a Broadcomm WiFi)? Is the keyboard as horrible as it seems? (F1-F12 keys?!)

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Adarion; 08 February 2014, 05:54 PM.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

I had a HP 635, and everything worked fine, including the automatic fan control. I didn't use serial, parallel, IR though (those seem to be the superio functions).

Comment

Well as a non-old-school laptop it doesn't have the physical outlets for serial/parallel but sensor stuff and BIOS chip connection (for flashrom) run via this thing. I hope I might get in contact with HP and / or ITE about the chip.

Lenovo support was yet unable to tell me what hardware they build into their laptops. *eyeroll* Oh, well.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X