Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: NVIDIA 334.16 Beta Supports 64-bit EGL / OpenGL ES

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    NVIDIA could start reimplementing basic facilities with flintstones, or they could start using what the kernel provides.
    This is the reason they need a KMS driver, and it explains why their driver sucks so much at basic things.
    Your points on how they could try to mix and match things they've refused to use are quite theoretical.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobu View Post
    NVIDIA could start reimplementing basic facilities with flintstones, or they could start using what the kernel provides.
    This is the reason they need a KMS driver, and it explains why their driver sucks so much at basic things.
    Your points on how they could try to mix and match things they've refused to use are quite theoretical.
    They have a KMS driver.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    172

    Post

    On mi case this drivers works good with wine 1.7.12




  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arctic circle, Finland
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Hmh what egl specific extensions does wayland need? And what else does it need.
    Code:
    $ es2_info
    EGL_VERSION = 1.4
    EGL_VENDOR = NVIDIA
    EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_NV_system_time EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_NV_sync EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_fifo EGL_KHR_stream_producer_eglsurface EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses
    EGL_CLIENT_APIS = OpenGL_ES
    GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 334.16
    GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
    GL_EXTENSIONS:
        GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_color_buffer_float, 
        GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_frag_depth, 
        GL_EXT_map_buffer_range, GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean, 
        GL_EXT_robustness, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, 
        GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_EXT_shadow_samplers, GL_EXT_sRGB, 
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, 
        GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888, 
        GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_texture_storage, 
        GL_EXT_unpack_subimage, GL_KHR_debug, GL_NV_bgr, GL_NV_copy_buffer, 
        GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_draw_buffers, GL_NV_draw_instanced, 
        GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external, GL_NV_explicit_attrib_location, 
        GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments, GL_NV_framebuffer_blit, 
        GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_generate_mipmap_sRGB, 
        GL_NV_instanced_arrays, GL_NV_occlusion_query_samples, 
        GL_NV_non_square_matrices, GL_NV_pack_subimage, GL_NV_packed_float, 
        GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_read_buffer, GL_NV_read_depth, 
        GL_NV_read_depth_stencil, GL_NV_read_stencil, GL_NV_shadow_samplers_array, 
        GL_NV_shadow_samplers_cube, GL_NV_sRGB_formats, GL_NV_texture_array, 
        GL_NV_texture_border_clamp, GL_NV_texture_compression_latc, 
        GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc_update, 
        GL_NV_timer_query, GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture, GL_OES_depth24, 
        GL_OES_depth32, GL_OES_depth_texture, GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map, 
        GL_OES_EGL_image, GL_OES_EGL_sync, GL_OES_element_index_uint, 
        GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_OES_mapbuffer, 
        GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil, GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8, 
        GL_OES_standard_derivatives, GL_OES_surfaceless_context, 
        GL_OES_texture_npot, GL_OES_texture_half_float, 
        GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear, GL_OES_vertex_array_object, 
        GL_OES_vertex_half_float
    What I tried kwin-gles; it was buggy as hell, although i have rather old kde(4.8.5).

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuke81 View Post
    Hmh what egl specific extensions does wayland need? And what else does it need.
    Code:
    $ es2_info
    EGL_VERSION = 1.4
    EGL_VENDOR = NVIDIA
    EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_NV_system_time EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_NV_sync EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_fifo EGL_KHR_stream_producer_eglsurface EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses
    EGL_CLIENT_APIS = OpenGL_ES
    GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 334.16
    GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
    GL_EXTENSIONS:
        GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_color_buffer_float, 
        GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_frag_depth, 
        GL_EXT_map_buffer_range, GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean, 
        GL_EXT_robustness, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, 
        GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_EXT_shadow_samplers, GL_EXT_sRGB, 
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, 
        GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888, 
        GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_texture_storage, 
        GL_EXT_unpack_subimage, GL_KHR_debug, GL_NV_bgr, GL_NV_copy_buffer, 
        GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_draw_buffers, GL_NV_draw_instanced, 
        GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external, GL_NV_explicit_attrib_location, 
        GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments, GL_NV_framebuffer_blit, 
        GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_generate_mipmap_sRGB, 
        GL_NV_instanced_arrays, GL_NV_occlusion_query_samples, 
        GL_NV_non_square_matrices, GL_NV_pack_subimage, GL_NV_packed_float, 
        GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_read_buffer, GL_NV_read_depth, 
        GL_NV_read_depth_stencil, GL_NV_read_stencil, GL_NV_shadow_samplers_array, 
        GL_NV_shadow_samplers_cube, GL_NV_sRGB_formats, GL_NV_texture_array, 
        GL_NV_texture_border_clamp, GL_NV_texture_compression_latc, 
        GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc_update, 
        GL_NV_timer_query, GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture, GL_OES_depth24, 
        GL_OES_depth32, GL_OES_depth_texture, GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map, 
        GL_OES_EGL_image, GL_OES_EGL_sync, GL_OES_element_index_uint, 
        GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_OES_mapbuffer, 
        GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil, GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8, 
        GL_OES_standard_derivatives, GL_OES_surfaceless_context, 
        GL_OES_texture_npot, GL_OES_texture_half_float, 
        GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear, GL_OES_vertex_array_object, 
        GL_OES_vertex_half_float
    What I tried kwin-gles; it was buggy as hell, although i have rather old kde(4.8.5).
    "EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_fifo EGL_KHR_stream_producer_eglsurface EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_sync" are supposed to allow to have EGL working with any display server. But it needs a device independent way to initialise EGL: see http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2013...nesEGLDevices/

    Using these extensions for Wayland looks complicated (and probably doesn't fit very well), and it would be much better if they just decide to support Wayland directly.
    The current way we do is: when we want to display something, you create a wl_buffer, and attach it to a wl_surface, and commit it. The wl_buffer can be a gl buffer, or an shm buffer, or whatever compatible. With a commit you can do other things (ask for a frame callback, etc)

    EGLstream seems to be: a producer render frames, and a consumer listen and catch the frames and use it for displaying. So it's like you redo another protocol to commit frames.
    Last edited by mannerov; 02-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Probably needs a backend similar to the one used for the Pi which also has a proprierty driver?

    http://ppaalanen.blogspot.co.uk/2013...celerated.html

    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/006133.html
    Last edited by blackout23; 02-08-2014 at 01:24 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Probably needs a backend similar to the one used for the Pi which also has a proprierty driver?

    http://ppaalanen.blogspot.co.uk/2013...celerated.html

    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/006133.html
    In the XDC presentation, it is said that NVidia wants to have modesetting in EGL. If they do that, it'll need a specific backend.
    But the backend has nothing to do with the way the compositor receive buffers.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mannerov View Post
    In the XDC presentation, it is said that NVidia wants to have modesetting in EGL. If they do that, it'll need a specific backend.
    What's the benefit of this? Wouldn't every compositor have to ship this backend? If it gets merged into weston I think mutter-wayland is all set, since it uses weston as base iirc, but what about others? Someone has to maintain it, too.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    What's the benefit of this? Wouldn't every compositor have to ship this backend? If it gets merged into weston I think mutter-wayland is all set, since it uses weston as base iirc, but what about others? Someone has to maintain it, too.
    Weston has a backend to use KMS for example. Here it would need a backend to use NVidia EGL modesetting.

    In the presentation, they say the advantage for them is that it isn't linux specific, but they were not sure there was no better way. So perhaps they have changed their mind by then.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default well..

    at they are making a egl driver for future works in wayland/mir, i don t see nothing from amd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •