Thread: More KDE Applications Will Now Work On Wayland

Default More KDE Applications Will Now Work On Wayland

Phoronix: More KDE Applications Will Now Work On Wayland

The KWindowSystem framework that interactions with the desktop's windowing system has been refactored to be more versatile and can now support Wayland alongside X11 on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5NDQ

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More KDE Applications Will Now Work On Wayland

The KWindowSystem framework that interactions with the desktop's windowing system has been refactored to be more versatile and can now support Wayland alongside X11 on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5NDQ
    Why was the image (clearly taken from the article/blog) watermarked with the Phoronix logo?

Quote Originally Posted by bakgwailo View Post
    Why was the image (clearly taken from the article/blog) watermarked with the Phoronix logo?
    I think a script automatically does that for any images that appear on the site.

This is absolutely not acceptable. This is a clear copyright violation. My blog is under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 and the image was CC Attribution-ShareAlike non commercial (I just changed it to remove the non-commercial).

To the Phoronix owner: please add the required attribution. I find it not acceptable to brand a copyrighted image.

Quote Originally Posted by mgraesslin View Post
    This is absolutely not acceptable. This is a clear copyright violation. My blog is under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 and the image was CC Attribution-ShareAlike non commercial (I just changed it to remove the non-commercial).

To the Phoronix owner: please add the required attribution. I find it not acceptable to brand a copyrighted image.
    It was mentioned the image was from your blog, but I can just delete it, since as mentioned by other poster it just universally appears on all images to prevent hot linking.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It was mentioned the image was from your blog, but I can just delete it, since as mentioned by other poster it just universally appears on all images to prevent hot linking.
    It's CC, it's not needed that you delete it. Just add the required information to the image. This is more a general thing, it's also when you integrate any other screenshots from any source. Saying where it's from is not really a good solution for CC.

Default Re

"Martin won't be fixing those back-ends" - it's more of "he can't" because he doesn't have the commercial/proprietary software, he needs a license for any of the commercial OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliancemd View Post
    "Martin won't be fixing those back-ends" - it's more of "he can't" because he doesn't have the commercial/proprietary software, he needs a license for any of the commercial OS.
    Of course he could. It's entirely possible to look at the code, understand exactly what is going on, create the patches, and then send them off to someone else who can test and ensure they are correct. Repeat until it's working.

But that's rather inefficient, and probably not a good use of his time versus someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Of course he could. It's entirely possible to look at the code, understand exactly what is going on, create the patches, and then send them off to someone else who can test and ensure they are correct. Repeat until it's working.

But that's rather inefficient, and probably not a good use of his time versus someone elses.
    And it's also not a good use of the time for whoever would have to apply the patches on Windows to just get a compile error.