Valve Works To Empower In-Home Streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    Do you actually have any evidence for this or are you just making things up?
    Not for this concrete but with Snowden we did lern that everything that nsa could do theoricaly and all what alu-hats did warn for was 100% true. All that is possible will be made. And if only 90% is done I cant bet my freedom that its not happening 1 to 10.

So both answers are wrong, neigher have I evience for this nor do I make it just up. Its just very likely that its true, because of the facts we know.

presumption of innocense is a good concept in law engagements. If its about trust it works differently. I dont have to trust somebody when they misused my trust so hard. (big american companies). And even worse, even when valve people dont want to harm us, the nsa can force them to do it and force them to not talk about it. We know that as a fact. So why should I trust them?

It looks at the moment more than nsa does everything taht is theoretical possible and costs less than 1 billion dollars. And its easy to do, so why would they not do that?

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
      Not for this concrete but with Snowden we did lern that everything that nsa could do theoricaly and all what alu-hats did warn for was 100% true. All that is possible will be made. And if only 90% is done I cant bet my freedom that its not happening 1 to 10.

So both answers are wrong, neigher have I evience for this nor do I make it just up. Its just very likely that its true, because of the facts we know.

presumption of innocense is a good concept in law engagements. If its about trust it works differently. I dont have to trust somebody when they misused my trust so hard. (big american companies). And even worse, even when valve people dont want to harm us, the nsa can force them to do it and force them to not talk about it. We know that as a fact. So why should I trust them?

It looks at the moment more than nsa does everything taht is theoretical possible and costs less than 1 billion dollars. And its easy to do, so why would they not do that?
      But with steam the most sensitive data they could get are your credit card numbers and address. And since you plan on keeping a Windows box with steam I don't see how not installing it on your linux box would help. As for gaining access to whole PC using Steam for linux - that's theoretically possible but sooner or later somebody would notice this happening, closed source or not.

Plus Snowden's case is a proof of government's willingness to do so and not it's happening or probability. You say 10% - that's a number pulled out of thin air, it could very well be 0.00000001%.

Comment

Originally posted by borsook View Post
        Plus Snowden's case is a proof of government's willingness to do so and not it's happening or probability. You say 10% - that's a number pulled out of thin air, it could very well be 0.00000001%.
        Why would with steam the most sensible data be credit card number, as example there could be a keylogger included, it could search for files with names and upload them if they find it. And even if it does not include this code yet, it can update it anytime, and they even could send you with your account a special patch only for you or for a group of peole that are on a list of nsa... Or they could use it only on that people that are not anyway have big problems like using flash or nvidia blogs.

BTW another example big security holes were found in nvidia driver, we cannot be shure but its (IN MY OPPINION) very likely that it was planted there on purpuse.

Its another example, its clearly proven that you dont have any advantage as company if you know the source code of the driver of your competitor, so that its closed source can only have evil reasons, maybe its not always the nsa stuff then its that they want to force you to use linux and not another os, control... etc.

Clearly you have the evilness of steam beeing closed soruce in the first place for drm stuff. I dont like that, but I could kind of accept that, if I can damn it on a machine where this code can not do additional damage.

So you may not like my opinions to this, but you have to accept that, I want always be secure from a worst case szenario I DONT TRUST ANY BIT COMPANYS at all... you dont like that nice for you you said that 3-5 times now. I dont change my philosophy to yours because you repeat it.

I dont need proof that a company is evil. Its their job to be evil (max their profit, and if evil policy like selling backdoors to nsa) gives them more money they have to do that, else their shareholder can sue them for not do so. And again even if they are nice guys nsa can force them to be evil 100%. So why would I trust them, because I cannot prof that this one company is also evil?

Go ahead trust them all, I dont.

Comment

... its clearly proven that you dont have any advantage as company if you know the source code of the driver of your competitor...
          Test signature

Comment

Why would with steam the most sensible data be credit card number, as example there could be a keylogger included, it could search for files with names and upload them if they find it. And even if it does not include this code yet, it can update it anytime, and they even could send you with your account a special patch only for you or for a group of peole that are on a list of nsa... Or they could use it only on that people that are not anyway have big problems like using flash or nvidia blogs.

BTW another example big security holes were found in nvidia driver, we cannot be shure but its (IN MY OPPINION) very likely that it was planted there on purpuse.

Its another example, its clearly proven that you dont have any advantage as company if you know the source code of the driver of your competitor, so that its closed source can only have evil reasons, maybe its not always the nsa stuff then its that they want to force you to use linux and not another os, control... etc.

Clearly you have the evilness of steam beeing closed soruce in the first place for drm stuff. I dont like that, but I could kind of accept that, if I can damn it on a machine where this code can not do additional damage.

So you may not like my opinions to this, but you have to accept that, I want always be secure from a worst case szenario I DONT TRUST ANY BIT COMPANYS at all... you dont like that nice for you you said that 3-5 times now. I dont change my philosophy to yours because you repeat it.

I dont need proof that a company is evil. Its their job to be evil (max their profit, and if evil policy like selling backdoors to nsa) gives them more money they have to do that, else their shareholder can sue them for not do so. And again even if they are nice guys nsa can force them to be evil 100%. So why would I trust them, because I cannot prof that this one company is also evil?

Go ahead trust them all, I dont.
            Sensitive and not sensible, I don't think data can be sensible Well, because you give steam access to your credit card, so theoretically they could steal from you. If you have something on your PC that's more important and worth stealing than your livelihood then... well, I guess good for you.

And thanks for admitting that your distrust is without a rational basis, that's paranoia. And it can be treated, really. If not - have fun living in a world full of evil companies that do nothing else than plot to get their claws on your precious files. Thankfully that's not a world a live in. And again - just a tiny suggestion - not using steam and not playing games would free you from those evil people.

Comment

Originally posted by borsook View Post

And thanks for admitting that your distrust is without a rational basis, that's paranoia. And it can be treated, really. If not - have fun living in a world full of evil companies that do nothing else than plot to get their claws on your precious files. Thankfully that's not a world a live in. And again - just a tiny suggestion - not using steam and not playing games would free you from those evil people.
              If you really try so hard to have the last word in a discussion that will not end in anything constructive anyway go ahead, after your next reply I dont aswer again :P

Comment

Check Out Limelight and Make It Work on Non-Nvidia GPUs if You Can, Please!

This is a quick demonstration of using Limelight-Pi to stream Steam games over the network to a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. I was not able to get the aud...

Comment

This is a quick demonstration of using Limelight-Pi to stream Steam games over the network to a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. I was not able to get the aud...

GameStream client for Android. Contribute to moonlight-stream/moonlight-android development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                  X