No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 27 Is Coming Today With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess skia isn't stable, so cairo was left as a default.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
      Too late, scrollbar already fixed on GTK3 version Nightly.
      Can you please be more specific? I can?t find any mention of GTK3 scrollbars in the semi-recent changelog of firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
        When is the GTK+3 port going to be completed?
        Its almost ready http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTU2OTk

The biggest issue seems to be Flash requiring gtk2. I wish flash would just hurry up and die.

Comment

Every update less interesting. Firefox is by far slower than Chrome and doesn't seem to care about it... Features doesn't make difference when you navigate through the web on your PC slower than your smartphone/tablet...

Comment

gstreamer 1.x

Gtk3

wayland

come on FF people.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
              Firefox is by far slower than Chrome and doesn't seem to care about it...
              Sadly this is my experience too. For me, performance took a major hit ages ago when they (or at last at the same time as) introduced MySql to store browser history and bookmarks. Since then it is **slow** and after using for a few months it gets **slower**. Then I can "fix" the problem by clearing cache, etc.

Am I alone in seeing this? I really don't want to change to Chrome - Firefox & Netscape are like "the Internet" to me...

Maybe I should download Firefox 3.5, and re-live what things were like in the good ol' days. I remember Mozilla being pretty fast when a 233Mhz PII was mid-range...

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
                Sadly this is my experience too. For me, performance took a major hit ages ago when they (or at last at the same time as) introduced MySql to store browser history and bookmarks. Since then it is **slow** and after using for a few months it gets **slower**. Then I can "fix" the problem by clearing cache, etc.

Am I alone in seeing this? I really don't want to change to Chrome - Firefox & Netscape are like "the Internet" to me...

Maybe I should download Firefox 3.5, and re-live what things were like in the good ol' days. I remember Mozilla being pretty fast when a 233Mhz PII was mid-range...
                Are you still running that same hardware, from the Golden Era? I have had no issues on the 5 different systems I' ve owned over the last, well, forever, or at least as long as I can remember. (I assure you my memory is quite good.) Just make sure you're not running any goofy addons. Keep it clean, and real, like he good ol days. But I guess you knew this. So what's wrong with your hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
                  Since then it is **slow** and after using for a few months it gets **slower**. Then I can "fix" the problem by clearing cache, etc.

Firefox needs 8-10 s to start here, and can stop responding during 1-2 s repeatedly while loading heavy pages (with many pictures IIRC), which is really annoying. I have a 3.2*GHz Core i3 with plenty of free RAM, swap is unused, firefox cache is disabled, so there is no obvious reason for Firefox to be so slow. Do I have plenty of extensions? Sure! But I need them?

I recently tried Chromium again but it stinks of Google marketing and is not usable as far as I?m concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                    So what's wrong with your hardware?
                    Dunno - nothing that seems to affect Chrome, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      Firefox needs 8-10 s to start here, and can stop responding during 1-2 s repeatedly while loading heavy pages (with many pictures IIRC), which is really annoying. I have a 3.2*GHz Core i3 with plenty of free RAM, swap is unused, firefox cache is disabled, so there is no obvious reason for Firefox to be so slow.
                      Snap and then some. I see exactly this too with no extensions.

Comment

Working...
                      X