Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Overview Of The Linux 3.14 Kernel Features

Phoronix: An Overview Of The Linux 3.14 Kernel Features

With yesterday's release of the Linux 3.14-rc1, here's a look at the top features that were merged for introduction in the Linux 3.14 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm having trouble getting Linux Kernel 3.14 RC1 to work with HDMI audio through JACK as it complained that it can't use realtime scheduling. Linux 3.13 kernel (RC7--yeah, I need to upgrade to the final release) worked very well. My Echo Gina3G audio interface worked in 3.14, but I've starting to use HDMI audio as my primary sound card. It's back to Linux 3.13 RC7 (it takes a while to custom-compile the kernel with my own kernel configuration). Maybe the later release of the kernel might solve the problem that I'm having--I'm not sure.

I'd like to test to see if I'm getting any frame rate increase with Portal, but that will have to wait.

Comment

Working...
    X