AMD legacy card open source driver report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonty789 View Post
    OK never mind i found it. Weird it still not good fps for me. I gonna try it on Windows to see if my card is capable of playing CSS
    There was an issue related to the CPU governor which was affecting FPS as well with non-Intel CPUs -- couldn't find your hardware details anywhere so not sure if this affects you or not. Did you ever post HW details - GPU, CPU etc.. ?
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      There was an issue related to the CPU governor which was affecting FPS as well with non-Intel CPUs -- couldn't find your hardware details anywhere so not sure if this affects you or not. Did you ever post HW details - GPU, CPU etc.. ?
      Really? Hm

Ok here my specs

Laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote TM82

CPU is AMD Athlon II P320 duel core (I am pretty sure it is either 2.1GHz or 2.6GHz)

RAM is 8GB

GPU is ATI mobility HD Radeon HD 4225/4250 (That is what it saying to me in system info in linux mint)

Kernel is at 3.13.1

I wonder if it something to do with this

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will give 3.14 rc1 a go

Comment

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like the CPU governor changes hit in 3.12 not 3.13, so that's probably not it. The CPU governor was also more of an issue for high end GPUs since that's where the CPU was more likely to become a bottleneck.

This is probably not the issue for your system, sorry.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...formance&num=1

Looks like the CPU governor changes hit in 3.12 not 3.13, so that's probably not it. The CPU governor was also more of an issue for high end GPUs since that's where the CPU was more likely to become a bottleneck.

This is probably not the issue for your system, sorry.
          Hm ok thanks. I will try see what FPS i get in Windows just to make sure my card can handle it.

I probably have done something wrong on my laptop since i get average of 150fps on CSS with that PPA drivers on my desktop pc o.o

Comment

On my laptop, the performance governor does make the CPU noticeably hot. I'd rather leave it ondemand. BTW Mint makes this easy, as you can install a widget that appears on the taskbar that you can easily switch between governors.

My big issue is getting my laptop to switch to the discrete graphics GPU. It uses the HD 4200 for low power, but the HD 5470 seems to never get used. Running the 3.13.1 kernel, so isn't this suppose to be automatic now? The DRI_PRIME=1 command will crash the Cinnamon UI usually with WINE, but no problems with XFCE.

Comment

Working...
            X