Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,387

    Default Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

    Phoronix: Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

    For those users with SPARC64 hardware, LLVM's Clang compiler has received support for this old architecture...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5MDE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Old architecture? SPARC64 still powers some of the biggest machines and new CPUs come out every year. The K Supercomputer is powered by SPARC, as are Oracle Servers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    112

    Default

    SPARC64... old

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default Old?

    What do you mean old? This architecture is much newer than x86 and is in continous development.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.
    Skynet (c), powered by Clang

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sturmflut View Post
    Old architecture? SPARC64 still powers some of the biggest machines and new CPUs come out every year. The K Supercomputer is powered by SPARC, as are Oracle Servers.
    If only one could afford this [http://www.oracle.com/us/products/se...es/index.html]

    or one of these babies: [http://www.seamicro.com/SM15000]

    One can dream without running into the likes of a CRAY.

    Yes, the SPARC64 is improved immensely after Oracle bought Sun Microsystems.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.
    It won't be with anything provided by Google and it's AI efforts.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    If only one could afford this [http://www.oracle.com/us/products/se...es/index.html]

    or one of these babies: [http://www.seamicro.com/SM15000]

    One can dream without running into the likes of a CRAY.

    Yes, the SPARC64 is improved immensely after Oracle bought Sun Microsystems.
    .... Well when they get 32bit support and Solaris it would be able to run on a Cray CS6400... 64 way SMP @ 95Mhz and 16Gb of Ram. Of course not all of them were maxed out. In the meantime it'll just have to be happy on my SS20 @ 2x85Mhz. I'm glad to have a faster compiler that will someday work on my T2000 also.

    A CS6400 would be far to large to own personally... but I sure would like to have an SC2000E 20 way SMP I suppose that'll only ever happen if I end up emulating one in FPGA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •