No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Catalyst 14.1 Beta Linux Graphics Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a MUXless PowerXPress 4.0 setup and suspend has been broken since AMD first put out drivers supporting my chipset (8000M series). Is there any glimmer of a chance that it could be fixed in this release? It's getting pretty fucking ridiculous!

Comment

Tried installing. Says my adapter is not supported. This is on the A10-7850k on kernel 3.13. What kernel options are required for this driver?

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Tried installing. Says my adapter is not supported. This is on the A10-7850k on kernel 3.13. What kernel options are required for this driver?
        Same here with A10-7850k on kernel 3.12 Debian testing

Comment

I'm shocked and it's not positive ! These drivers - Catalyst 14.1, are slower than 13.12 on AMD APU E-350 from approximately 20 to 40 % !!!!!! Tested on native games such as Xonotic, or are under wine: LFS. Tested under Kubuntu 13.10, kernel 3.13.1 [my kernel build - line v28.1-brazos]
          Last edited by ext73; 03 February 2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            GCN as been out since 2011 and it's in dire need of optimizations still? Up until these drivers, a 5850/6850/7850 all benchmarked relatively the same in performance, at the same clocks.

I still maintain that the 5000/6000/7000 cards aren't that different in architecture.
            Yes GCN 1.0 and later GCN 1.1 came out. We're now onto GCN 2.x. The GCN 1.1 and GCN 2.x are nowhere near optimized.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              I thought I should warn everyone that suspend is broken with Catalyst 14.1, so you better disable it completely if you plan on using Catalyst. Steam Overlay is also still bugged with Catalyst -- drasticaly reduces FPS. If you play a game for a couple of minutes you will get framerate stuter.
              Or don't use a laptop.

Comment

@A10-7850K users
                Yes, amdconfig and aticonfig doesn't work with this drivers, anyway CCC LE etc works without problems, so you can tune your drivers in CCC LE, anyway some advanced settings are missing in CCC LE, but I think that it's not a big problem in this case. Use standard fglrx xorg.conf and all will be work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
                  @A10-7850K users
                  Yes, amdconfig and aticonfig doesn't work with this drivers, anyway CCC LE etc works without problems, so you can tune your drivers in CCC LE, anyway some advanced settings are missing in CCC LE, but I think that it's not a big problem in this case. Use standard fglrx xorg.conf and all will be work fine.
                  On debian testing with the a10-8750k it refuses to install with the message "your graphics adapter is not supported"

Comment

In the release notes, I see a lot of reference to piglit tests that failed, and that the new driver works on them properly now.

I don't remember having read references to piglit tests before in their release notes. Could someone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                      I thought I should warn everyone that suspend is broken with Catalyst 14.1, so you better disable it completely if you plan on using Catalyst. Steam Overlay is also still bugged with Catalyst -- drasticaly reduces FPS. If you play a game for a couple of minutes you will get framerate stuter.
                      Maybe don't make this sound like a universal fact that applies to everyone, since it doesn't. For the first time on my config (A10-5800K), resume from suspend actually consistently works (so far).

Comment

Working...
                      X